Live TV and WMC server questions

Rainey

My setup is as follows and i am wondering where i should instal WMC Server software (on whitch PC)

I have an HDHome Run Prime with cablecard.

I have a Windows 8 WMC PC (Main PC) with PLEX and MBS 3 installed, and large HDD full of Movies.

I have a Few Ceton ECHOes, they would not work with the Windows 8 PC so i got a second PC

Windows 7 WMC HTPC that i use to record live TV and installed the MBC client and PLEX client.

So for me to use the MB Live TV feature, I assume i have to install the WMC server on the Windows 8 PC as that is where the MBS is installed or wouold it need to be install on the windows 7 PC as that is the WMC i am using ?

If install on the WIN8 PC not sure how the ECHOes would work, i think i will be able to see MB in the ECHO gui but not sure the LIVE TV part would show up because the WMC server is not install on the PC the ECHO attached to. I know i don;t really need Live TV on the ECHO as it already does live tv but was think i could do it all inside MB and not have to jumpo in and out of MB.

Thanks for any pointers

krustyreturns

Serverwmc needs to be installed on the same pc as WMC, it does not need to be on the same machine as MBS.

OK that answers my question, Thanks
In my case with a Network tuner i could install it on either PC, But the Echoes only use the Win 7 PC so that is the best choice.