Setting newly added program item to record

blive

I am attempting to set an item added to the guide to record programmatically via PHP. I am not asking for PHP code, but it would be nice to see an example of how to set an item to record—steps I have taken. I start by getting data from here /emby/LiveTV/Programs and get the programId I need based on the Name of the program entry. I then query /emby/LiveTv/Timers/Defaults?ProgramId= the Id to get a default object based on Id. I then update the StartDate and EndDate and pass the object back to /emby/LiveTv/Timers, but no recording takes place.

I am not a professional programmer, but I am trying to understand how to set this up. I have read all that is published on this topic, which is not much, and I have gone through the API on Git Hub. It would be most helpful if you would not mind offering some direction. Some sample code of how to do this would be nice, and I would be incredibly grateful.

I appreciate your time and look forward to your reply.

• 2 months later...

@bliveyou don't need to update the start date and end date. That's already filled in for you. 

In fact, to just record a single program, you just send back the response that you got from defaults to /LiveTv/Timers

Does this answer your question?