collections and adding movies files

Rainey
Go to solution Solved by Rainey,

How do the collections work. Is it just for movies that have many version like Rocky or Start wars. Or is it for say Different types of Movies like Kids movies, Adult Movies, Regular Movies, Sleaze Movies, Sprots, Documentrys, etc...

The reason i ask is, because i added my Regular Movies 1200 of them and they are added under Movies as type Movies.

Then i add my Sleze Movies 900 of them, They are added under SlezeMovies as type Movies.

Then when i go to the web client i see under Movies all are listed together (i though i would have both Movies and SleazeMovies shown on the menu bar), i have to view by folder to see them seperated in groups. I guess this is normal.

So i made folder veiw the default on the home page.

I was not able to put each type of Movie file into a collection when adding the folder to the library. When in folder view i can not select the movies to add them to a collection, you can only select movies from the main Movies listing and that makes it much harder to select large numbers of movies so i guess collection was not made for Movies types as i was thinking.

Is there an easy way to tag movie file in bulk, like say tag all 900 Sleze movies at one time either in folder view or with the metadata manager.

• Solution

Ok, i found it. Under User preferences, My Views, if you uncheck the sections they will be listed seperatly on the home page.