Library Images Constantly Resetting

billyh42

billyh42

I have a problem where my library images constantly keep resetting!

I've read quite a few posts on this subject and they all seem to refer to "default" images in the library folders causing the problems. - I have no separate image files in ANY of my library folders.

Overnight, I've just had ALL my custom uploaded images default back to generic screenshots from the uploaded images.

The problem is mainly with documentary programs where Emby cannot identify the source material (i.e. even entering the IMDB references doesn't find it) but it also happens with mainstream content as well.

Surely, with the number of complaints about this, some sort of IMAGE LOCK feature would be welcome?

seanbuff
41 minutes ago, billyh42 said:

I have a problem where my library images constantly keep resetting!

Hi, what version of Emby Server are you running?

Are you able to provide some screenshots to demonstrate the problem you're seeing?

billyh42
12 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Hi, what version of Emby Server are you running?

Are you able to provide some screenshots to demonstrate the problem you're seeing?

Emby Server 4.7.13.0

Screenshots below show an example of what happens. It happens with ALL library folders - no matter what image I set, Emby will randomly change ALL poster images.

You can see the bottom 3 images have been changed to generic screenshots from the uploaded poster images.

screenshot.141.jpg

screenshot.140.jpg

HI, so it happened with battle of Britain? Can you show us a screenshot of the contents of the folder that the video is stored in? Thanks.

billyh42
14 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, so it happened with battle of Britain?

No, it happened with ALL the movies in the folder! I only highlighted those three to ensure that it was visible in the screenshot! I have no idea why you have singled out Battle of Britain as all of the bottom three posters in the screenshots have obviously been changed by Emby.

There are NO additional image files in the folder, only the video files!

However, please not that this problem is NOT only happening with this folder - it happens with ALL library folders.

I can update all the poster images and the system will run fine for weeks then apparently at random Emby will change ALL the poster images in ALL library folders, replacing content that it doesn't recognise with the generic screenshots and known content with a different poster.

I can see from other posts that this is a known problem that has been happening to lots of users - surely an image "lock" feature just like the metadata lock would be the solution?

screenshot.143.jpg

Ok, please use the image editor to manually assign an image again. Then after that, please run a scan of all libraries. Then when it completes, please attach the emby server log:

Thanks.