Movie stutter

markdj

markdj

Having the same problem with a iPhone 12 and the latest iOS version. Emby is up to date, everything set to auto as far as quality settings is concerned but whenever I play a 4K file it streams at the highest quality (160MBps) but gives me choppy playback. If I lower the quality (60MBps for example) it seems back to normal, but it seems to me the ‘auto’ setting doesn’t do its job then? Can provide more information when needed.

• 2 weeks later...
markdj

sorry for the late reply. here are the logs.

stutter begins around 4-5 minutes and continues until i stop playback.

network speed is 1gbit up/down and the emby app is run on a iphone 14.

quality has been lowered to 720p 4MBit but that didn't seem to make a difference.

embyserver.txt

Edited by markdj

markdj

Man, this is terribly annoying. My son and wife can watch something on the iPad without any issues, yet I’m here on a newer device and it stutters like crazy. I literally cannot watch anything without the thing continuously pausing, resuming, pausing, resuming. It’s driving me crazy. The iPad has been flawless so far (unless we pause, and it will eventually crash the player). My son is watching a 4K video right now (Mario Movie) and I’m watching a 1080p video and, well, I have no words. I paid for a lifetime subscription but I’m really regretting it these past couple of days and weeks.

• 3 weeks later...