Step by Step DVR Post-Processor for Comskip

hemsimmons

hemsimmons

I see a lot of discussion about troubleshooting / fine-tuning the Post-Processor scripting to run Comskip to remove commercials.   Is there a STEP-BY-STEP instruction list for getting this to work?  I am familiar with scripts and can manage applications and follow clear instructions, but I am certainly no programmer.  I can't seem to wade through all of the questions to find specifically "How do I set this up?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am on a Windows server and run MCEBuddy manually after the programs are recorded but sure would like it to be automated.

THANK YOU!

hemsimmons

That is the one I was trying to follow.  I have no idea what Ubuntu is and I don't have Linux -- only Windows.   There is 21 pages of back and forth and didn't know where to get the REAL stuff related only to Windows. :( 

TMCsw
18 minutes ago, hemsimmons said:

That is the one I was trying to follow.  I have no idea what Ubuntu is and I don't have Linux -- only Windows.   There is 21 pages of back and forth and didn't know where to get the REAL stuff related only to Windows. :( 

The first post, Fallow the links...

BillOatman
22 hours ago, hemsimmons said:

This PDF walks you through it for Windows.  If you get stuck just ask questions.
It, as well as the plugin binary and source code are here.

Commercial Skipper Plugin.pdf

Edited by BillOatman

hemsimmons

As is usually my luck/experience, I can't even do the first thing in the file.   "After the ComSkip plugin is installed on the Emby server in the normal way,....."  I have installed plugins many times but the ComSkip plugin does not show in the plug-in catalog anywhere.   What other 'normal' way is there to install that plugin?

BillOatman
2 hours ago, hemsimmons said:

As is usually my luck/experience, I can't even do the first thing in the file.   "After the ComSkip plugin is installed on the Emby server in the normal way,....."  I have installed plugins many times but the ComSkip plugin does not show in the plug-in catalog anywhere.   What other 'normal' way is there to install that plugin?

Its not in the catalog, you need to install it manually.