Roku client Genre sorting shows "No items found"

pmagee

pmagee

PLEASE HELP!

Roku client Genre sorting shows "No items found" (this used to work fine) however using the web interface works.  I have checked on numerous TV's (4 to be exact) none work, I have checked all for updates Roku reports "up to date".

my setup is

server Version 4.8.0.39 beta running on Netgear ReadyNAS 316 (firmware 6.10.8)

the problem appeared after doing a "refresh metadata" on my library (i created a new library for home videos/family photos). 

I recently installed "Genre Cleaner" after the issue appeared hoping it would resolve things but no luck. logs attached.

20230717_072513.jpg

20230717_072526.jpg

20230717_072549.jpg

web1.jpg

web2.jpg

web3.jpg

embyserver.txt

Hi.  This is an issue only with the beta server.  It will be addressed before that server goes to release.

Thanks.

pmagee

so if i go back to release version it will work?

is there a anticipated release date?

2 hours ago, pmagee said:

so if i go back to release version it will work?

Unless you have a backup or parallel system, you would have to completely rebuild your database to do that.  The changes are not compatible with the previous release.

Hi, I would just give it time as ultimately we’ll have an update to resolve the issue, thanks.

• 1 month later...
willvincent

Problem remains two beta server releases later on Version 4.8.0.42 beta. Makes me suspect this is maybe more likely a client-side issue.

When might we expect a fix? Yes, ultimately it's mostly an annoyance, but since browsing through the media collection in various ways is kind of the whole point of the app, it's a significant bug that ought to be given pretty high priority for resolution. 

Genre lists work as expected in the web app, and my android app, but are empty on the roku version of the app.

Hi.  There will have to be an update to the Roku app to resolve this for 4.8 and that will for sure go out before 4.8 goes stable.