Exiting the app via remote

Lee

The recent changes to the windows app made exiting the app about 3 times more difficult than before.

The side menu that appears is just the exact same as what the top menu is, what does that bring to the table?

Is there an ETA on improving the exit from the app? surely lots of people are still using remotes - navigating to your user to exit is not great UI wise in my opinion.

Edited by Lee

MBSki
2 hours ago, Lee said:

The recent changes to the windows app made exiting the app about 3 times more difficult than before.

The side menu that appears is just the exact same as what the top menu is, what does that bring to the table?

Is there an ETA on improving the exit from the app? surely lots of people are still using remotes - navigating to your user to exit is not great UI wise in my opinion.

To exit you click back, menu pops up, then you click back again and you're out of the app. Seems really simple to me, but annoying that there's no prompt to exit.

that doesn't happen on mine back or exit button on a harmony remote the side bar just opens and closes.

the previous menu that used to appear when i press exit i now have to navigate to the user icon, it's clumsy to say the least.

MBSki

Well that's I interesting. What version are you on? .18 was exiting on the 2nd back click on a harmony remote the last time I tried it. 

And what client are you on? I've been testing on an Nvidia Shield.

MBSki
1 hour ago, Lee said:

3.0.20 - windows

Ah, ok. I'll have to test .20 on the shield later and see what happens.

13 hours ago, SteveFintel said:

My Harmony can emulate Alt-F4 which closes the app immediately. 

i have alt-f4 set-up but it means going to devices when i'm in a "routine". so more button presses

SteveFintel

You can assign any button to Alt-F4. In my case, I don't need it as a button, I have it as part of the 'exit' routine for that activity. 

AdrianW

Just noticed this as well. It's damn hard to exit now. And it's really hard just to get to your user icon on the top row - cursor up to library bar, keep clicking right and it just rotates back to the front, sometimes it managed to get over to the search icon and then the user icon (but not always).

Looks like I'll need to add alt-F4 to the exit routine like @SteveFintelmentioned.

SteveFintel

Here's what it looks like:

image.thumb.png.faf97699b6a5fe83fddde47be2f62cc3.png

And a pro tip: Harmony also supports mapping Windows key shortcuts. WinKey-n will activate the n-th icon on the task bar (and start the program if necessary). So my startup routine includes WinKey-3 to start Emby Theater (the third icon on my taskbar).

• 2 months later...
On 13/10/2023 at 19:15, Luke said:

Hi, what exactly are you trying to do?

When you went to the left menu it used to have exit/sleep/shutdown in there. I don't get that nav bar if I'm honest it's a repeat of most of the menu across the top of the screen. Exit shutdown etc. Worked better in that side menu IMHO. 

37 minutes ago, Lee said:

When you went to the left menu it used to have exit/sleep/shutdown in there. I don't get that nav bar if I'm honest it's a repeat of most of the menu across the top of the screen. Exit shutdown etc. Worked better in that side menu IMHO. 

Those functions are still in the top right menu though, when clicking your user profile icon, right?

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Those functions are still in the top right menu though, when clicking your user profile icon, right?

It's a lot more navigation to get to the user icon. I'd have them in the left menu over repeat functions every day of the week.