Intro Skip infinity loop on 1.0.39

level20peon

level20peon

I just upgraded to 1.0.39 and every time the intro skipping (which I set to auto) activates, it jumps to the end of the intro. But instead of continuing playback from there, the last ~1 second of the intro is looped infinitely. So I have to manually seek back and forth, in order to actually motivate emby to continue playback again.

Since this is not the only thing broken on the new release, how can I downgrade to 1.0.37 again?

level20peon

Well I gues I'll get the same results by accessing the webinterface via my internal emby IP, right?

The intro skipping works fine there, and it also worked fine in the LG App 1.0.37.

16 minutes ago, level20peon said:

The intro skipping works fine there

Great. That's a good sign that it's resolved for the next build. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
level20peon
On 7/16/2023 at 9:52 PM, Luke said:

Great. That's a good sign that it's resolved for the next build. Thanks.

Well, I just updated to the latest emby LG version which came out this month and... this is not fixed! After skipping the intro, the playback still goes into an infinite loop.

level20peon

Here you go.

Just for the sake of completeness, the intro skipping loop happens on emby for LG TV 1.0.41 and emby server 4.9.0.2 on FreeBSD.

emby.log

SamES
On 16/07/2023 at 18:35, level20peon said:

I just upgraded to 1.0.39 and every time the intro skipping (which I set to auto) activates, it jumps to the end of the intro. But instead of continuing playback from there, the last ~1 second of the intro is looped infinitely. So I have to manually seek back and forth, in order to actually motivate emby to continue playback again.

Since this is not the only thing broken on the new release, how can I downgrade to 1.0.37 again?

Does this happen with all files, or just a few?  Do any work correctly?

I'm unable to reproduce this.  Can you please share a file via PM that causes this problem?  Are you playing the file locally, or is the server remote?  Is it DirectPlay or is there remux/transcoding going on?