unable to tune to channel at this time

G2T

I have two hdhomerun tuners which are working, however, when I try to what livetv via emby I get unable to tune to channel.  I have tried with the browser and also with googletv.  I have readded the turners.  Not sure what else to check.  I just put the emby premeir license on the server so this is my first setup for livetv.

embyserver.txt

Edited by G2T

Just now, G2T said:

I have side loaded this app, it just spins when trying to play live tv.

What version number did you try?

This is the download from the link you provided.  emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk
In the app it says 2.0.83g

Right but it's not 2.0.83. That's why I'm asking for the version number to make sure you tried the downloaded app. Can you try it again? Thanks.

ok, then I don't understand what you are asking me to do, I now have two apps on my googletv device.  One just says EMBY, which I think is the original that I intall from the store, and the second says EMBY Andriod Tv with I think is the one that I side loaded using the apk file I downloaded directly from the link you gave me.  When I open up the EMBY Andriod TV app and go to settings on the bottom left it say MEDIASERVER (4.7.13.0) and on the bottome right it says Version 2.0.83g Registered.  If that is not what you needed I need some direction on what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks.

The other one says 3.3.18 if I got it backwards, first day using this.  Both are having the same issue thou

I tried the browser as mentioned when I opened the topic back in my first post, is this what you are asking about or is the web app something different?

clucky

Caught this in your log. I assume the homerun is that x.79 address? I'm curious if you can add your homerun to something like channels dvr first on the same PC and test that working? 

Also, if you add an .M3u to emby of something known working, does that play fine? Logs show timing out connecting to homerun so it may be homerun specific issue.

2023-07-15 09:00:57.229 Info HttpClient: GET http://192.168.1.77/discover.json
2023-07-15 09:00:57.256 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=lx3-WTXD_cRehQin3CgbXbHf
2023-07-15 09:00:57.618 Info HttpClient: GET http://192.168.1.79/discover.json
2023-07-15 09:01:07.634 Error HttpClient: Connection to http://192.168.1.79/discover.json timed out
2023-07-15 09:01:07.754 Error HdHomerunHost: Error getting channel list
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.13.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
	Framework: .NET 6.0.16
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to http://192.168.1.79/discover.json timed out
	 ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 10 seconds elapsing.
	 ---> System.TimeoutException: A task was canceled.
	 ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.

MichaelK79

I don't want to hijack, confuse or conflate this issue but I may be experiencing something similar. I am not using an HDHomeRun. I have a Hauppauge OTA tuner. I have noticed that on one specific channel it wont load the Live TV playback. The channel plays back fine natively in the WinTV 8.5 software that came with the TV card. The channel times out in the Emby app on Roku. In my browser on the localhost where Emby server resides the channel immediately closes when I try to play Live TV and returns me to the guide. I am not sure exactly when this started but that channel played fine within the last two weeks. Whatever it is worth the channel is The CW/KMAX-DT. I am attaching the snippet from the logfile where it shows the playback issue.

Emby Server: 4.7.13.0
Roku Ultra 4670X: 12.0.0 build 4184-46
Emby (roku app): 4.0 build 85
Brave Browser: 1.52.130

embylog.txt

I have two homerun devices for a total of 4 tuners.  I was watching TV with them last night, so as far as I can tell there is no issue with the tuners, just not able to use livetv.  

2 hours ago, G2T said:

I have two homerun devices for a total of 4 tuners.  I was watching TV with them last night, so as far as I can tell there is no issue with the tuners, just not able to use livetv.  

Hi.  But are you sure it is configured properly in Emby?  Is that the proper IP address?

I have one tuner at 192.168.1.92 and one at 192.168.1.77.  How can you configure it wrong? I've let emby server detect them and they were imported.  As far as I can tell, that is all I need to do.

14 hours ago, G2T said:

I have one tuner at 192.168.1.92 and one at 192.168.1.77

On 7/16/2023 at 2:12 PM, clucky said:
Connection to http://192.168.1.79/discover.json timed out

Looks like the tuner is pointing to the wrong place...

Perhaps your tuner ip changed and you need to update that in live TV setup?

MichaelK79

Sorry hijacking again!

For anyone who spotted my post in here and having a similar issue as what I described. A very specific channel would not "play" or "record" in Emby but it was working fine in the native TV Tuner app WinTV 8.5.

Resolution:
WinTV 8.5 app -> Settings -> Devices -> Tuner Setup
I re-ran the channel scan for this device using the option for internet assisted scan.

I checked the channel locally and it was playing (same as before.) Restarted my Emby server. Now when I play the channel in Live TV its doing proper playback.

Note: I did not have to remap channels or anything. Not in WinTV and not in Emby.

• Thanks 1