Roku App has items that don't exist on server

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Gilgamesh_48,

Erik

Hi,

I am having a couple issues with the Roku app in the last couple weeks.

1) The Images for the main folder of some TV series are not showing (just a grey rectangle)

2) Some of the series I have deleted via the Roku app still show the top level folder (with a little white folder icon) and has no contents. However, via iOS app and/or emby via browser those series do not show (and there is no folder for the series on the server, so I do not know where the data is being pulled from).

Could it be something with the database possibly? I tried vacuuming it and re-installing ember server over itself, but the problem still exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Hi.  Can you show a screen shot of the problem area in both the web app and the Roku?

• Thanks 2

• Solution
Gilgamesh_48

That sounds like you are using the folder view on the Roku but some other view in the other app.

I do not think the Roku app causes the folder to go away when it "deletes" the series and in the folder view empty folders get shown.

I suggest you check what view you are using on the Roku app.

• Thanks 2

Erik
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can you show a screen shot of the problem area in both the web app and the Roku?

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

That sounds like you are using the folder view on the Roku but some other view in the other app.

I do not think the Roku app causes the folder to go away when it "deletes" the series and in the folder view empty folders get shown.

I suggest you check what view you are using on the Roku app.

Thanks @ebr and @Gilgamesh_48

I had the family member send me another set of screenshots and its was a couple things together it seems.

1) The "Folders" view was selected as default for some reason (I think they removed and re-installed the app when troubleshooting)

2) They had accidentally selected favorites on, so the "Shows" tab was blank

We recorded a couple test items, then deleted them through the roku and the top folder for that show was deleted from the server share (which is how I expected it to work). It seems something happened as there was 4-5 shows with no actual shows in the folder, just top level folder with the metadata still there that seems to have been orphaned.

I cleaned it all up remotely and it seems that all is well again.

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

Erik

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1