Server Error on Startup

Cad

Hi All -

For some reason I'm getting the following error now when starting the server

Error attempting to update application.

Could not find a part of the path

C:\Users\Main\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\Mediabrowser.updater.exe

I've tried to do fresh install of the application but it still didn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Does that exist?

Are you running the server under the same account that installed it?  Does it have admin rights?

Ok, I think you are correct.  I believe I installed it under my main admin account but I have a user account that I run it under.  The folder it is looking for is under the Admin user account.  I thought I installed it as admin though.  Is there a way to point the program to the admin account when trying to access the update.exe file?  Otherwise, what should I do?  

You need to run the server under the administrative account or give the user you are in full access to that account's user directory.

Actually, can't I just install it under the user account instead of the admin account?

No.  The server needs to run under an admin account.  You may want to look into making it run as a service if you don't want to log into the machine as the admin account.

If you do, be sure you configure this: Unable to access media when running server as a service