Custom External Links / Provider Ids

mickle026

mickle026

I have now added Radarr and Sonarr provider keys and functionallity to the plugin as a standard id, leaving the custom ones still available. 
It will log the operation to file in the log directory.

The link can be altered, but the Provider Id will either be Sonarr or Radarr

I have not done it for episodes yet (not sure that is actually needed or what the link to an individual episode would be)

Also fixed the first tvshow custom provider id

@rbjtech, you should be able to remove your custom Id and use the dedicated field putting your link in the appropriate box without any other changes needed.

Now there are two ways to add this functionallity :)

Screenshot2023-08-11at17-28-54MIKE-PC.png.041289487c59b9a685777ba04fba94d8.png

Screenshot2023-08-11at17-28-40MIKE-PC.png.3b790789b53fa6ab3be1df263908d7ce.png

Download available in first post

Edited by mickle026

rbjtech

Very nice - Let me check it out tomorrow ! 👍

I've included Episodes as you can then use the link back to the Sonarr Parent series - this is more than sufficient imo.

All my links are now updated as I did it via the MediaInfo Plugin but need to check which ProviderId names you used in your changes ...

:)

rbjtech

Did a quick test - Initial impressions are it's working great for both Radarr and Sonarr.

Remember to hit 'Save' if you change the URLs .. ask me how I know .. 🤪

In your Plugin - this is a one-off action right once you press the Copy button - new titles need to be added manually or via other means such as the Schedule on the MediaInfo Plugin ?

There are also a few more 'illegal' characters that need to be removed in creating the Sonarr link (' for example) - but they caught me out too, so I'll get a list together but tbh there are not many shows that are impacted by this.

👍

• Thanks 1

mickle026
6 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Did a quick test - Initial impressions are it's working great for both Radarr and Sonarr.

Remember to hit 'Save' if you change the URLs .. ask me how I know .. 🤪

In your Plugin - this is a one-off action right once you press the Copy button - new titles need to be added manually or via other means such as the Schedule on the MediaInfo Plugin ?

There are also a few more 'illegal' characters that need to be removed in creating the Sonarr link (' for example) - but they caught me out too, so I'll get a list together but tbh there are not many shows that are impacted by this.

👍

The button loops through the media entries and creates the ids - its very fast.  You can run it as many times as you like, but for automatic addition with media you would have to use a different method such as the media info plugin.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
iPhoneMaxPro
On 8/12/2023 at 1:37 AM, mickle026 said:

The button loops through the media entries and creates the ids - its very fast.  You can run it as many times as you like, but for automatic addition with media you would have to use a different method such as the media info plugin.

As soon as you have a moment of free time, could you fix the customer ID 1 of the TV series? because 2/3/4 work except the first one. Many thanks in advance

mickle026
7 minutes ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

As soon as you have a moment of free time, could you fix the customer ID 1 of the TV series? because 2/3/4 work except the first one. Many thanks in advance

Sure thing, I thought I had done this, but I will recheck it as soon as I can.

The version on my pc has had several updates, so I ought to post it.  It's been a while since I checked this thread that I didn't realise so many people were using it.

• Thanks 1

mickle026

Try this one

Provider_Ids_Extender.zip

This is the one from my pc (more up to date, but still no where near finished)

I cannot find anything wrong with Custom Show ID 1, so I may have already fixed it a while ago but not posted it.
If it still doesnt work, be sure to let me know.

• Like 1

iPhoneMaxPro
2 hours ago, mickle026 said:

Try this one

Provider_Ids_Extender.zip 284.41 kB · 0 downloads

This is the one from my pc (more up to date, but still no where near finished)

I cannot find anything wrong with Custom Show ID 1, so I may have already fixed it a while ago but not posted it.
If it still doesnt work, be sure to let me know.

Thank you so much for your quick response, I just checked and I actually see everything in the TV series except custum id 1, do you see it instead?

mickle026
1 hour ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

Thank you so much for your quick response, I just checked and I actually see everything in the TV series except custum id 1, do you see it instead?

I actually have no TV series on my test server, I will add some and test it as soon as I can to see what is wrong.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
chander421

Thanks for this great plugin! 

I also use Letterboxd a lot, so would it be possible to add a "Copy Tmdb id's to Letterboxd Provider id's" button like Radarr? ( through the CustomId provider) knowing that Letterboxd links automatically via "https://letterboxd.com/tmdb/{0}"?

Many thanks!

chander421

And I wouldn't want to exploit you, but would it be possible to also have a Letterboxd link for the crew (directors and actors)?

Thanks!!

Nevermind! I figured it out, I'm slow!

Hey guys, sorry for the dumb question in advance. But how do I add a link using this plugin? I assumed it would be in the "edit metadata" model based on the screenshots, but I also see some XML. Do I edit a template or something? Thanks for the help :)

Edited by rsvg

mickle026
On 28/11/2023 at 15:50, chander421 said:

And I wouldn't want to exploit you, but would it be possible to also have a Letterboxd link for the crew (directors and actors)?

Thanks!!

The imdb or tmdb ids wont point to the crew so you cannot use them for that request, you need the full url https://letterboxd.com/film/poor-things-2023/crew/

try it:

letterboxd.com/imdb/tt14230458/crew/

ie you need the poor-things-2023 part of the url

You can already do this with a custom id of your own.  Fill in the fields then enable it.  Of course this is not automatic.

Custom Movie Id Name:
Letterboxd Crew

Custom Movie Id Link:
https://letterboxd.com/film{0}/crew/

So when you add this, in metadata Editor there will be a new field
Letterboxd Crew Id:
poor-things-2023

That would then produce this link in the GUI
https://letterboxd.com/film/poor-things-2023/crew/

So in all reality maybe I should add a few more custom Id fields

Edited by mickle026

I don’t know if it’s because I’m running the beta (4.8) version of Emby but adding this plugin caused many/all of my movie pages to err. From the homepage I could no longer click a movie and view the page. Had to uninstall. Probably something I’m doing wrong but I could figure out how to use this personally. 

mickle026
13 hours ago, rsvg said:

I don’t know if it’s because I’m running the beta (4.8) version of Emby but adding this plugin caused many/all of my movie pages to err. From the homepage I could no longer click a movie and view the page. Had to uninstall. Probably something I’m doing wrong but I could figure out how to use this personally. 

I have no issues with it running on beta.  There is nothing that should cause an error.

An example of how to use custom links is in the post 2 above this one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mickle026 said:

I have no issues with it running on beta.  There is nothing that should cause an error.

An example of how to use custom links is in the post 2 above this one.

Thanks. I will review that post. I'm just not sure it's "automated" in the way I need. 

I was hoping for a custom link to show, in the links section titled "Review". And the URL of that link to be automatically generated, and include some form of ID of the movie/episode. I didn't want to have to go into every show and manually add the meta/link. https://example.com/{imdb}. Where imdb can really be any unique ID to the movie or episode that I can use to identify the content. 

Also I find the UI of the plugin itself a little buggy. Sometimes the values disappear. I see that maybe it's autosaving? When I return the values are gone. 

mickle026
1 hour ago, rsvg said:

Thanks. I will review that post. I'm just not sure it's "automated" in the way I need. 

I was hoping for a custom link to show, in the links section titled "Review". And the URL of that link to be automatically generated, and include some form of ID of the movie/episode. I didn't want to have to go into every show and manually add the meta/link. https://example.com/{imdb}. Where imdb can really be any unique ID to the movie or episode that I can use to identify the content. 

Also I find the UI of the plugin itself a little buggy. Sometimes the values disappear. I see that maybe it's autosaving? When I return the values are gone. 

If you tell me where this is happening I will take a look at the code a see if I can see what's wrong. A screenshot would help.

Automatically assigning IMDb or t.mdb to custom URLs is possible, I may add that.

Edited by mickle026

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy. It seems like there is some much needed escaping in the custom ids that can be set. A site that I want a custom id for uses a 2 leg path in the url (such as 'season1/episode1'). With the current implementation, not only does this not point to the correct path but actually breaks the item completely. Any time the page for an item where that is set Emby will say the item is no longer available. The only way to resolve is by uninstalling the plugin all together, so make sure you use some dummy episodes/movies for testing (if you get around to it).

mickle026
1 hour ago, jashwa said:

Howdy. It seems like there is some much needed escaping in the custom ids that can be set. A site that I want a custom id for uses a 2 leg path in the url (such as 'season1/episode1'). With the current implementation, not only does this not point to the correct path but actually breaks the item completely. Any time the page for an item where that is set Emby will say the item is no longer available. The only way to resolve is by uninstalling the plugin all together, so make sure you use some dummy episodes/movies for testing (if you get around to it).

It needs documenting, but emby server (not this plugin) does not allow you to use certain characters there.  As you found out \ and / are two of them, others are " and '.  There may be more. It simply doesn't let you use a a double barrelled name out of the box.

I think it might be because of sql QUOTED_IDENTIFIER.  I have not tested it but you probably have to double them, like \\ and // .. season1//episode1. for it to work.  Like I said not tested it.  If it screws up you'll have to rescan the item from the movie list view (without opening its detail page), replace its meatadata, to remove the custom id from the db.