Backup/Restore - 2 scenarios

JustSittingHere

JustSittingHere

Good afternoon everyone,

I currently have a DS420+ (4-bay) and need to expand storage on it. I wouldn't have this problem if Japan would stop producing great anime.

The NAS currently has 2 4tb drives in bay 1 and 2 in JBOD (Volume 1) and a single 1tb in bay 3 (Volume 2).

Here's the first scenario -

Move the single movie folder from Volume 2 to Volume 1 after expanding Volume 1 by adding another drive to the pool.

My thoughts - I haven't used the Emby Premiere Server Configuration Backup, so I'm guessing.  Can I backup the movie folder on Volume 2, expand Volume 1 and restore that backup to Volume 1 without losing any metadata changes that I've made?

From reading other posts, it would seem that I can.  However, before I find myself waist deep in quicksand screaming for help, I thought it better to ask.

Here's the second scenario -

Pull the 3 existing drives in the NAS and replace them all.

I don't mind reinstalling DSM.  Will I need to reinstall Emby, create folders and set permissions and then do a restore of my folders, or is the restore available outside of Emby that will do all of that for me. And again, will this (Premiere Backup) preserve meta changes that I've made?

I don't mind upgrading to Premiere if the Server Config Backup app will do this.

Thanks.

Jim

JustSittingHere

You can ignore or remove this post.

I found the answers I was looking for.

Thanks.

Jim

• 3 months later...