Why don't emby use the metadata from the season folder

grenadecx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

grenadecx

I'm curious.

If I have a file with this naming convention:
image.png.fc697a54a3e8a6c9fb1588f4f7f84602.png
So if it's missing the season data in the filename, it appears that emby assumes this is season 1 and fetches metadata based on it? How come it doesn't use Season folder metadata it's located in and set the correct season for that file instead based on the season folder it's in? For me it seems kinda strange.

Hi, it will use the season folder, for example if you put that file into a season 4 folder, the episode would get season 4.

grenadecx

Hi,

That seems logical, but I can't for the life of me get it to fetch the metadata from thetvdb then, it seems to get the metdata from season 1 for all the seasons.

So this is the metadata for the Series, and it uses Aired display order:

image.thumb.png.7fed3873a70d19988693c843b174afe5.png

This is the metadata for season 1, which is correct:
image.thumb.png.88536f35afb5db08e114891679e00ead.png

This is the metadata for Season 2, which is incorrect, while the metadata points to the correct season and number, the overview data and title for the episode is taken from season 1 episode 1.
image.thumb.png.14046b82080697cf9f739e82e0296b35.png

I have this problem on multiple series with anime and I can't for the life of me get it to fetch the correct metdata unless I rename the episode to have S04 for example in the filename.

Any help is very much appreciated.

• Solution

What I would do is make sure the season and episode numbers are set correctly for each episode and then refresh the metadata. You may also want to blank out the external ids at the episode level because those could be pointing to the wrong thing.

• Thanks 1

grenadecx

Alright, emptying them seems to work, but somehow it fetched those from the beginning. Is there any way to remove all old metadata for a series in one go or is the only way to edit one by one?

Also thanks for the help.