Emby version for Nvidia Shield Pro

Franklynsbr2023

Franklynsbr2023

Translate to English: "I like the Windows version of Emby because it is more comprehensive than the Android version. In the case of the Nvidia Shield TV, is there a more feature-rich version of Emby available for it, closer to what the Windows version offers, for example? Thank you."

GrimReaper
9 minutes ago, Franklynsbr2023 said:

is there a more feature-rich version of Emby available for it, closer to what the Windows version offers

More feature-rich? Hardly. But you can sideload standard Android app which'll give you same/similar experience as Windows client app. 

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Edited by GrimReaper

Franklynsbr2023

Is there any place where I can see screenshots of the features available in Emby for Shield? I'm planning to buy one, but before that, I want to see if it's as feature-rich as Emby for Windows or if it's somewhat limited like Emby for standard Android.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Franklynsbr2023 said:

I want to see if it's as feature-rich as Emby for Windows or if it's somewhat limited like Emby for standard Android

That's basically the same client app (Emby Theatre), so to what do you exactly refer with "somewhat limited"? 

If you follow his link to side load you’ll get the same user interface as windows.

Franklynsbr2023
3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

That's basically the same client app (Emby Theatre), so to what do you exactly refer with "somewhat limited"? 

For example, in Emby for Windows, I can select movies based on the type of audio codec, I can delete duplicate files, etc... things that I can't do in the standard Emby Theater.

Franklynsbr2023
2 hours ago, Luke said:

If you follow his link to side load you’ll get the same user interface as windows.

This is important what you're saying. Could you define better how I would do this? Thank you very much.

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Franklynsbr2023 said:

But which APK should I download that has Emby with a similar interface to Windows that I can download on the Mistick or Shield?

Arm7

Franklynsbr2023
2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Arm7

Mistick have a quad-core Cortex-A35 processor. Can I install Emby for Windows or Emby for Shield on this Mistick?

Franklynsbr2023

Congratulations, everyone! I installed the Emby version for Android ARM7 on my Mi Stick, and I no longer have the Emby Theater version. Now I have the same features as the Windows version, much better. Even the removal of the black border around the subtitles is working in this version. I even wonder why I installed the previous one when this one is so much better. I even wonder, why are there both versions? And thank you very much again, guys...

3 hours ago, Franklynsbr2023 said:

Congratulations, everyone! I installed the Emby version for Android ARM7 on my Mi Stick, and I no longer have the Emby Theater version. Now I have the same features as the Windows version, much better. Even the removal of the black border around the subtitles is working in this version. I even wonder why I installed the previous one when this one is so much better. I even wonder, why are there both versions? And thank you very much again, guys...

What version number do you have now?

Franklynsbr2023
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

What version number do you have now?

The new version is emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release installed on the Mi Stick 4K.

This is the best.

Next step, when the money allows, is to buy a Shield to have DTS HD MA.

• Thanks 1