Transcode not working/crashing on Samsung UE32ES6300

Mero32

Mero32

Hi,

I have tried for multiple hours now to get the transcoding over DLNA working but no matter what I do it just doesn't work.

My TV always says, that the file format is not supported.

Editing custom profiles only resulted in at least getting a transcode log, so I would assume that my TV got recognized for transcoding. However even then I did not get it to work.

The thing is, I tried to play the same file with jellyfin over DLNA and it worked right away. I even played it from my synology with its proprietary 'DS-Video' App and that also just worked right out of the gate.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-2f91d729-c193-4380-b957-96a88ebd5ceb_1.txt

Hi, is your TV supposed to be able to play this content directly, or is transcoding needed?

I would Try resetting your customizations back to default and see if that helps:

>>>>>  Non-Default Encoder Parameters
Warning EncoderParametersH264LibX.Preset: Original: veryfast Actual: superfast
Warning EncoderParametersH264LibX.ConstantRateFactor: Original: 23 Actual: 31

Mero32

The warnings disappeared, however it still won't play the video.

It's really weird because I also compared the emby samsung profile with the jellyfin profile and as far as I can tell they are pretty much identical. I am really puzzled why it won't work with Emby.

Another odd thing I noticed, is that when I start the movie over DLNA the Emby Server Dashboard shows the movie as now playing on my TV, but with both the video and audio stream as direct play, suggesting that it actually isn't transcoding even though I get these transcode logs every time I start the movie.

ffmpeg-transcode-800d38f6-e639-4981-95e5-1b711aebd41c_1.txt

• 3 weeks later...

HI @Mero32has today's update to the Emby Dlna plugin helped at all?

If not, do you know how the DS-Video app is converting it, e.g. what formats it's using?