Refresh rate switching not switching back after playback.

rigo8582

rigo8582

I'm running the android app on the nvidia shield. I enable refresh rate match. My display is set to 4k/60hz. When I play a video it switches to 23hz as it should. When playback is stopped it stays at 24hz and won't switch back to 60hz.

I ran the same test on the Android TV app and it switches to 23hz. Then when playback is stopped it switches back 60hz.

Is there a setting I could be overlooking? Or is it something that the android app can't do currently?

• Agree 1

Audiomixer
52 minutes ago, rigo8582 said:

I'm running the android app on the nvidia shield. I enable refresh rate match. My display is set to 4k/60hz. When I play a video it switches to 23hz as it should. When playback is stopped it stays at 24hz and won't switch back to 60hz.

I ran the same test on the Android TV app and it switches to 23hz. Then when playback is stopped it switches back 60hz.

Is there a setting I could be overlooking? Or is it something that the android app can't do currently?

Actually i am seeing this as well. It is most annoying. Was going to pose this question as well.

4 hours ago, rigo8582 said:

Hi, what app version number are you testing with?

ALD76
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what app version number are you testing with?

Luke this has been happening on every version I have used and has been reported here before. It affects all Android devices not just the Shield.

rbjtech

I do wish the 'Android Mobile' Forum section could be changed to remove the word 'Mobile' - as posting a problem on Android in the AndroidTV/FireTV section (that doesn't have the problem) just adds to the overall confusion between the two.

I had to re-read the post to confirm the OP is talking about the Android App, not the AndroidTV App.

@Abobader@Luke@ebr

Could this maybe get changed to 'Android App' or something like that ?

Thanks.

image.png.be0c4ca1d2938aaa9ac8de23d99cd596.png

Edited by rbjtech

3 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I do wish the 'Android Mobile' Forum section...

At first I kind of agreed but I think it helps us more right now to keep the discussion of TV-specific issues separate from normal standard Android usage.  Eventually, we'll just merge the forums into one.

• Thanks 1