Watch Programmes on iPad on TV whilst aborad

wizbowes

wizbowes

Hello.  Looking for some urgent help although I fear I know the answer.

The high speed internet at my holiday hotel just isn't.  Not only is it capping out a 1MB/s but it's highly unreliable (diconnecting every minute).  I'm unable to watch anything on my Chromecast unlike previous holidays where I have used it for both netflix, and via a VPN on the router, Emby on my home server.  

I have with me a laptop and HDMI lead, a travel router (GLiNet), an iPad and a Chromecast with Google TV.  The iPad has lots of media downloaded to it on Emby and accessable via the Emby app.  However I can't connect the iPad to the TV.  So is there anything I can do to watch the downloaded media on the iPad on the TV with the equipment I've got?  Getting a lightning to HDMI isn't an option where I am.

I've tried:

Casting from the iPad to the Chromecast - however it looks like that's not possible for local files on the iPad.  There's no casting option showing.

Using iTunes to download the files from Emby on the iPad onto my Laptop - however Emby doesn't appear in the iTunes File Sharing App list so the files are not accessable.

Any other options or am I out of luck?

HI, right, regarding the Emby app, we don't currently support casting downloaded content to Chromecast, but this is planned for future updates. Thanks.

wizbowes

Cool.  Thanks Luke.  I didn't think it would be possible but the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

• Thanks 1