Remote access with MyDomain.com without adding port number at the end?

cochize1

cochize1

I believe this has been answered a numerous time but still can't wrap my head around this. As for now I have a remote access and so all my users by accessing MyDomain.com becasue I added CNAME record to point to my Synology Nas and forwarded the port 80 to 8096 on my router. Right now I want to selfhost a webpage on Wordpress on my Synology and one of the first steps (if you want to have your own address) is to add a CNAME record to point to your NAS (and than do some magic in Wordpress itself to point to your created website). So now, when I type WordpressSite.com it points directly to my Emby server:)

What is the correct way to do it, so I can have one domain pointing Emby other to Wordpress site and not having to put i.e MyDomain.com:8096 port at the end of the address?

Hi, generally it means using the default web server ports of 80 and 443 rather than the Emby defaults.

cochize1

So how to set this up correctly:

Domain1.com points to NAS than access Emby

Domain2.com points to NAS than access Wordpress

Dusan78

What you need to do is go to the Control Panel -> Login Portal -> Advanced  and then set up a Reverse Proxy

So your domain1.com port 80 or 443 would go to internal address and port 8096 or 8960.  

You can also just add a subdomain to your domain instead of having a new domain name. (ex.  tv.yourdomain.com or emby.yourdomain.com)

So this way you would create a CNAME record for that subdomain pointing to yourdomain.com which would then be forwarded by the reverse proxy to your emby server.

you can set up different services like this using subdomains if you choose.

Edited by Dusan78