1.0.39 BUG - Media Center Theme does not load and stays on DARK theme

unisoft

unisoft

So the Windows Media Center theme was back in 1.0.39, except it still shows DARK MODE when selected, at least on my LG models.

Blue Radiance works as expected but Windows Media Center theme does not. 🥵

Waiting since February 2023, got excited the option was back (which should never have been removed as OLED55C6V and 32lj610v could handle this without any hit on performance originally).

Can this bug be fixed and sent to LG ASAP?

Edited by unisoft

Hi, we'll have to look at it. The issue isn't performance. The issue is that the themes have moved forward with newer techniques and newer ways of doing things in order to reap the benefits that come with that. Once you start doing that, it gets really hard to support on older rendering engines that don't support what you're trying to do.

unisoft
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, we'll have to look at it. The issue isn't performance. The issue is that the themes have moved forward with newer techniques and newer ways of doing things in order to reap the benefits that come with that. Once you start doing that, it gets really hard to support on older rendering engines that don't support what you're trying to do.

but the WMC theme is just a blue background though? Similar to Blue Radiance and Dark. Basically like a backdrop and those still show for TV/Movies.

unisoft
On 08/07/2023 at 21:05, Luke said:

Does the superman theme work?

Not an option that is listed.

6 minutes ago, unisoft said:

Not an option that is listed.

Right I forgot, sorry. It's hidden from older devices for the reason I mentioned above.

unisoft
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Right I forgot, sorry. It's hidden from older devices for the reason I mentioned above.

The "older" device is more than capable of showing a backdrop though as it has a fast enough processor. Blue Radiance is there along with Dark, really can't see why the WMC theme was not added. The option was added back, but it does not change to it. Given that a lot of people come from a WMC background, the decision to remove it originally, along with lack of notification about it seems silly.

• Thanks 1