Emby Theater no sound

lonewolf1996
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

lonewolf1996

I have been having problems with Emby Theater. I can't seem to figure it out. There is no sound. I don't mean just audio. There's no sound when your going through the screen either.

I'v tried uninstalling and reinstalling Theater. Changed audio settings then back to default, Iv restarted the server, reinstalled the server.

The server is running on a terramaster. It was just working fine. I went to the next video and then no sound. Everything works fine in the web app and on everything else. I tested it on my smart tv and cell. Its all working fine, Just not in emby theater.

embyserver.txt

Hi, how have you configured audio settings in the app? Can we please see an example of what you're trying to play?

lonewolf1996

Thanks for the reply and the help. Here's the picture of the stats of the video I was trying to play. And it doesn't matter what I try to play, Its all the same. No sound at all. I also posted the audio settings of emby. 

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Edited by lonewolf1996
forgot something

Are you sure the sound in the app isn't muted? Can you show the audio settings from inside the app? Thanks.

lonewolf1996

yes its not muted. I already checked. I watched one video and then tried to watch another but now s no sound. I tried everything I could think of.

audio.png

lonewolf1996

Well. I found something out. I downloaded the 3.0.19 version. Which when downloaded is just the folder with emby. If I run Emby through there then theres sound. I don't understand it. But maybe it would help solving the problem. Its only when I install emby theater than theres no sound.

Any ideas why.

I downloaded it from here

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-theater-windows/releases

generiq
On 7/7/2023 at 9:52 PM, lonewolf1996 said:

There's no sound when your going through the screen either.

If by this you mean the UI sounds also don't output, then this isn't an mpv issue. It suggests an electron issue

lonewolf1996

I forgot about Electron. But it still doesn't explain why there's no sound if I install it, and then its normal if I run it from the downloaded folder.

generiq
1 hour ago, lonewolf1996 said:

I forgot about Electron. But it still doesn't explain why there's no sound if I install it, and then its normal if I run it from the downloaded folder.

I'm suggesting there's a glitch in the current Theater build, with regards to electron functionality. 

Are you confirming that there are also no UI sounds? No sound coming from the app at all, and not only when playing media?

lonewolf1996

Yes that's right. There's no UI sound, and no audio when playing a video. Doesn't matter what video.

Edited by lonewolf1996

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 12:47 PM, lonewolf1996 said:

Yes that's right. There's no UI sound, and no audio when playing a video. Doesn't matter what video.

Do you have UI sounds enabled in the app settings?

lonewolf1996

Im trying that now. It seemed to work for a couple of seconds. But than back to no sounds. If it helps when the sound worked there was still no UI sounds

lonewolf1996

I think I found the problem. I have been using a program called FXsound to help boost the sound quality. out of Curiosity, I uninstalled it and reset the sound from the page that you sent me. I then reinstalled Emby Theater and tried it. Everything seems to be working. I don't understand why FXsound would interfere. I've been using that for years. So I will leave it uninstalled for now. Thank you for all your help. Let me know if you have any other Ideas as to why.

• Thanks 1