Watched progress not occurring for one of 4 clients

TugboatBill

TugboatBill

I have Emby server set up on a Ubuntu VM and I have 4 Libreelec clients.  Server is current in the release channel.  Clients are current in Libreelec and beta (8.2.7) in Emby for Kodi Next Gen.  In the following when I refer to videos I actually mean TV Shows and Movies.

One of my clients will not mark partially watched videos. IE I watch an unwatched video half way through and then stop.

The other 3 clients mark partially watched videos normally.

All 4 clients can manually mark a video as watched.

All 4 clients will mark a video is watched if I fully watch a video on them.

All clients will recognize when a video is marked partially watched and can continue it.

On the problem client I tried the following:

Rebooting

Refreshing the video libraries.

Removing and re adding the video libraries

Doing a total database reset

Upgrading from 8.2.7 to 8.2.8

Last I tried the following sequence:

• Uninstalling Emby for Kodi Next Gen, and telling it to remove all settings when doing so.
  • Ensuring all videos were no longer in the database (from the Kodi interface).
  • Install Emby for Kodi Next Gen re entering the server login info.
  • Add the video libraries.

Problem remains unchanged.  About the only thing I can think of to do now is to totally wipe the OS and start over.  

Ideas?

quickmic
5 hours ago, TugboatBill said:

I have Emby server set up on a Ubuntu VM and I have 4 Libreelec clients.  Server is current in the release channel.  Clients are current in Libreelec and beta (8.2.7) in Emby for Kodi Next Gen.  In the following when I refer to videos I actually mean TV Shows and Movies.

One of my clients will not mark partially watched videos. IE I watch an unwatched video half way through and then stop.

The other 3 clients mark partially watched videos normally.

All 4 clients can manually mark a video as watched.

All 4 clients will mark a video is watched if I fully watch a video on them.

All clients will recognize when a video is marked partially watched and can continue it.

On the problem client I tried the following:

Rebooting

Refreshing the video libraries.

Removing and re adding the video libraries

Doing a total database reset

Upgrading from 8.2.7 to 8.2.8

Last I tried the following sequence:

• Uninstalling Emby for Kodi Next Gen, and telling it to remove all settings when doing so.
  • Ensuring all videos were no longer in the database (from the Kodi interface).
  • Install Emby for Kodi Next Gen re entering the server login info.
  • Add the video libraries.

Problem remains unchanged.  About the only thing I can think of to do now is to totally wipe the OS and start over.  

Ideas?

Please post the advancedsettings.xml from the affected box.

TugboatBill

Here ir is in its entirety:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <curllowspeedtime>120</curllowspeedtime>
        <curlclienttimeout>120</curlclienttimeout>
        <disablehttp2>false</disablehttp2>
    </network>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>/emby_addon_mode/</from>
            <to>http://127.0.0.1:57342/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I noticed last night that the problem client wasn't recognizing several show episodes that had already been watched as watched.  Other shows that were watched on other clients showed as watched on all clients.  I watched a show on the problem client (completely) and it shows as watched on other clients as well as the problem client.  I did do a library update but that didn't change anything.  I don't know if this relevant, but all clients use native path.

Edited by TugboatBill

quickmic
1 hour ago, TugboatBill said:

Here ir is in its entirety:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <curllowspeedtime>120</curllowspeedtime>
        <curlclienttimeout>120</curlclienttimeout>
        <disablehttp2>false</disablehttp2>
    </network>
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>/emby_addon_mode/</from>
            <to>http://127.0.0.1:57342/</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

I noticed last night that the problem client wasn't recognizing several show episodes that had already been watched as watched.  Other shows that were watched on other clients showed as watched on all clients.  I watched a show on the problem client (completely) and it shows as watched on other clients as well as the problem client.  I did do a library update but that didn't change anything.  I don't know if this relevant, but all clients use native path.

Thanks, the advancedsettings are fine. Actually this was my only clue what could cause the issue.

Currently no idea what's wrong in your setup. You need to design a reproducible testcase. Obviously something must be "special" or broken in your setup, currently nobody else reported a similar an issue.

You can also try addon mode. Recommend for 99% of people and way better tested than native mode.

Edited by quickmic

TugboatBill

Instead of going through a bunch of testing I'm going to replace that system.  I was thinking of doing that for a while, and this gives me the excuse to go ahead.    With the problem persisting through a complete addon R&R it tells me there is something deeper.  If others were seeing the problem I'd be glad to slug through it to find an answer.  

Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 1