Headless, Audio only client

yaksplat

yaksplat

I believe I've mentioned this before in some thread, but I think it would be really great to have an audio only, headless client for Raspberry Pi.  I have several Pi's running the Emby Theater image, but only being used for audio in a whole house audio setup.  One Pi per zone.  Emby Theater has a lot of unnecessary overhead for this application, and it's quite prone to crashing.  I manually restart them almost daily to make them reappear on the device list. 

• Like 1

Emby Theater has a lot of unnecessary overhead for this application, and it's quite prone to crashing.

hi, this is the root issue that should be looked at then because an audio-only client would not solve this.

An audio only client would just be the same application with other media types hidden, so I don't think that would change anything.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
seanfletcher255
On 7/7/2023 at 1:37 PM, Luke said:

hi, this is the root issue that should be looked at then because an audio-only client would not solve this.

An audio only client would just be the same application with other media types hidden, so I don't think that would change anything.

My guess is if the clients use an api to talk to the server implement and use the audio specific api functions on the client

it sounds like he has to load the entire "Standard/Normal" client (on his Raspberry PIs) with things he is not using and is looking for a re-written client that will just pull audio streams

if he is casting to devices in each zone then when the "Headless Audio Only Client" gets a stream playback request it would ignore any non audio stream

again i'm just guessing at what he wants

Edited by seanfletcher255