Problems to solve on ios (Html)

iPhoneMaxPro

iPhoneMaxPro

in addition to these graphic problems listed below it would be great to be able to remove "downloads" on iphone and replace it with a section of your liking, thanks

C66A8EC6-F929-4453-8299-D6D5C97EF2E9.jpeg

10D66338-6C07-46E9-BCBC-D2D7630F21C1.jpeg

B5D88099-2E3F-446F-807A-09A364EDC0E3.jpeg

iPhoneMaxPro

this is the sample text
which I took

<p>A practical guide to changing your habits!</p> <p>"Our habits can define who we are, how we feel, how we relate to others, and even whether we will be successful or unsuccessful." </p> <p>It is one of the important statements of the audiobook that will help you take control of your habits, better understand how they work and how to change them. Even small habits, such as having coffee in the morning or skipping breakfast every morning, help to create the approach with which we face the day.</p> <p>But it is difficult to understand what they are, usually we only see the effects. It's not easy even in the case of bad habits, apart from those more obvious cases such as smoking, for example. Even the slightest change in our morning routine can make our mood worse throughout the day.</p> <p>So we need to track down our bad habits and understand how they affect our lives and create good ones. And to help you along this path in the audiobook you will find:</p> <p></p> <ul> <li>How to break a vicious circle and establish a virtuous circle, that is, how to change your habits,</li> <li>How to prevent your negative habits from affecting your relationships with others,</li> <li>what are the biological and chemical reasons, as well as psychological and mental ones, which make the process of change even more difficult, </li> <li>and, of course, the practical guide to help you chart your path.</li> </ul> <p>What will make the difference is your desire to change your life!</li> <p>

Hi, if we remove all html from the descriptions, then users are going to be unhappy with that.

The best thing to do is not use any html except for basic line breaks <br>

iPhoneMaxPro
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, if we remove all html from the descriptions, then users are going to be unhappy with that.

The best thing to do is not use any html except for basic line breaks <br>

I don't want the html to be removed, but to see it correctly on ios, so the text should be hidden with the words click "more"

so could you solve the problem? that is to see the text on top of the other (as in the image) so it is ugly to see

also because I like the text in html so I can customize it, I just want you to fix the interface without seeing the superimposed text (later it would be interesting to be able to insert clickable links with an integrated browser directly on emby, but this is less important, what what matters most is the graphics of the text)

summing up

1. You shouldn't see the html code in the descriptions in single season videos

2. the text shouldn't be superimposed (as in the image above)

thank you so much I hope these two important steps can be fixed

It's supposed to be hidden behind the more button, but for some reason with webkit's rendering engine, it sometimes spills out and creates the mess that you're seeing.

Try it on android or windows and you'll see it works correctly.

That leaves us with two choices: Either I remove all html (and have lots of unhappy users), or you simplify your html so that it doesn't happen anymore. Third choice is of course leaving it as-is and hoping a fix from webkit comes along at some point.

• Sad 1

iPhoneMaxPro
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's supposed to be hidden behind the more button, but for some reason with webkit's rendering engine, it sometimes spills out and creates the mess that you're seeing.

Try it on android or windows and you'll see it works correctly.

That leaves us with two choices: Either I remove all html (and have lots of unhappy users), or you simplify your html so that it doesn't happen anymore. Third choice is of course leaving it as-is and hoping a fix from webkit comes along at some point.

I copy the text from a site, and I think that modifying an html text on each single element is impossible, so either I leave my users on ios "unhappy" and therefore the graphics seem crazy or unfortunately I have to remove everything and transform a text without html and unfortunately since emby doesn't automatically take the spaces, to read I think it's counterproductive for the eyes, so I feel very sad about these problems because I don't know how to solve... what does the webkit depend on? can I enter the html text with the "certainty" that this problem will be solved?

Officially, our guidance is keep it simple with line breaks only.

We're doing our best to accommodate more than that when possible.

iPhoneMaxPro
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

even from safari (browser) it looks like thisB28B06AC-3519-4EE9-AFA4-7141090F3DAA.thumb.jpeg.9c9605c451b89f70953d35f97cc15f61.jpeg

iPhoneMaxPro
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

C2A6EE5C-9690-46B1-987C-79814E4AE5DB.jpeg

1 hour ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

even from safari (browser) it looks like thisB28B06AC-3519-4EE9-AFA4-7141090F3DAA.thumb.jpeg.9c9605c451b89f70953d35f97cc15f61.jpeg

safari also is based on webkit so it's going to be the same result.

iPhoneMaxPro
7 hours ago, Luke said:

safari also is based on webkit so it's going to be the same result.

ok, even on apple tv there are display problems, i just want to ask you if (since i copy and paste the descriptions) if you advise me to eliminate the html codes and manually enter i am <br> ? I'm not in a hurry so if in 3/5 months the webkit problem is solved I would be very happy, so I know that predicting the future is impossible but it is much more probable that (about 4/5 months - maximum one year) it can how to solve this problem? is anyone working on it? if so I don't even bother bothering to manually edit the text, and when the time comes I'll be doubly happy because the text won't be superimposed. Thank you

Hi, I can't predict what webkit will do unfortunately, but if this continues to be an issue for a long time then obviously we'll have to figure something out. Unfortunately that will probably mean stripping all html, which I'd rather not do since many users will be unhappy about that. But if it comes to it, then we may have no choice.

iPhoneMaxPro
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, I can't predict what webkit will do unfortunately, but if this continues to be an issue for a long time then obviously we'll have to figure something out. Unfortunately that will probably mean stripping all html, which I'd rather not do since many users will be unhappy about that. But if it comes to it, then we may have no choice.

in my opinion if you remove the html and leave the spaces correctly as you type, plus if you write a link and you can click it would be perfect, at the same time it would be very unpleasant to put everything in html, and manually remove the codes if in the future you decide to remove html... at the moment I'm inserting only <br> even a lo <li> messes everything up... so I'm waiting for news to solve these problems, I'd like to have a clear idea whether to use html or just have a text all attached

• Thanks 1