Community Contribution

hovrawl

hovrawl

Good day,

I have been browsing the forums and the GitHub for the Windows Desktop app and there isn't any clear information about how to contribute to the repository via pull requests in the event where work could be done to fix bugs or enhance UI. Any info on the topic is appreciated.

Thankyou for your time,

Regards,
Hovrawl

Hi.  This app is not open source.  What changes would you like to see?

hovrawl

Good day,

The changes I was interested in were primarily focused with the UI of the desktop app. It took me a long time to realise that that app could use the browser layout, which is far more appropriate for a desktop scenario as on "Auto" it will use the TV ui, which while  looks good, does not function well on desktop, lots of edge cases which leave you in an app scenario where it is best to close and re-open. But being in desktop resolves a lot of issues with the app, but there are still issues I have with playback: The auto mode gives me weird results some times, I an unsure what the bug is so I would have investigated the scenario in debug to see. Pressing the next episode button can leave the app in a weird state when the next episode doesnt load immediately, it feels like it can skip an episode if pressed again. Things just dont "feel" as tight as they should and its something I would further look into and handle edge cases, as these are mostly to do with edge case scenarios. But since the app is as you say, not open source, maybe the repo should be locked down as its very public; cloneable, forkable, under a license which allows changes to code and re-use, it gave me the impression that I could fix the problems myself. 

I have read in a different forum thread that there is a new windows app coming, is there anything more you can tell me about that? I can tell from the repo that it hasn't been updated effectively since 2018. It is also based on Electron .Net, which is has now been superceded by Electron Sharp. I was curious if there was intentions to move to Electron Sharp back end for the Electron implementation or perhaps a move to EdgeView2 was being planned.

Thankyou for your time.

Regards,
Hovrawl

HI, yes the new app will use webview2. The user interface will be the same as what you're used to.