Server starts for a second and shuts down.

ikaminski

ikaminski

Hello all.

I had the issue with the server shutting down due to some security problem.  I honestly was unhappy with how the whole process went down and how we lost all access to the servers without any notification. and these forums tend to be very cold and I decided to move until the problem is fixed. I just just updated to the newest version yesterday on the website and fix a manual install. The software and it ran for an hour so, now it is still doing the exact same thing, starts and shuts down...I can't seem to find any instructions on how to fix it. The red notice of the security problem seems to have disappeared.

I have been a user for 10 year, 3 different Synology NAS.  Not at all an expert.  but generally I can figure out the problems.  Welp I am stumped. 

If someone could help me through the process of getting the server back up and running I would greatly appreciate it.

As for logs... I don't see any logs...  

mGraziano

I'm having the same issue. I just updated to the newest version and now when I click to start emby server it almost immediately stops running. Here is the log file.

embyserver.txt

mGraziano

Looks like if I install emby server to a different volume it works but I lose all the existing users and library configuration. There must be something incompatible with database of the version I had been using before updating to the latest emby server. What can I do to fix this issue?

6 minutes ago, mGraziano said:

Looks like if I install emby server to a different volume it works but I lose all the existing users and library configuration. There must be something incompatible with database of the version I had been using before updating to the latest emby server. What can I do to fix this issue?

Hi, looks like you were impacted by this: 

Please see the instructions in that link to get back up and running. Thanks.

mGraziano

I followed the instructions, but the latest version didn't work, but the beta version is working. Thanks!