Emby Lists Incorrect Titles

Thkaal

Thkaal

For some inexplicable reason, Emby has listed the movie clue as the anime movie Clementine (1985)

And The Great Race as Captain Future

Now, this wouldn't be a problem on the PC, but if I use Roku or my Android (using the browser which I wouldn't think would be a problem because then the movies should be alphabetically in the same place but they aren't), it's still rather annoying since it doesn't show the actual names but these other names.  And in Roku, it shows them based on the new names.

So, it's even the folders that are being renamed in teh server, but not on the hard drive.

Edit:  Just found I have CSI on my server?  I've never watched CSI, and I have to watch this to find out what it ...oh, it's the movie Torque.  This has nothing to do with DCSI.

Edited by Thkaal

Hello Thkaal,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi.  Have you tried using the "Identify" option with the web app to correct them?

Identify

Also, how are your items named and laid out in the file system?  This may be a clue to why they were mis-identified.

Movie Naming

Thkaal

I did Identify.  I even used the imdb method and tmdb method.  I've used the name (release date) method. I can find the movie on the two sites, but emby keeps insisting that it doesn't exist or is Captain Future.  This is for The Great Race.

Edited by Thkaal

10 hours ago, Thkaal said:

I did Identify

Hi.  Exactly what did you do and what happened?

image.png