Having trouble getting two movies to be seen in emby

1971camaroguy
Go to solution Solved by Gilgamesh_48,

1971camaroguy

Hey Everyone,

Having an issue with the REC zombies series. I ripped the four movies and put them on my server. But I can't get the first two to show up (1 and 2).  These are how they are named. (Per TMDB naming scheme)

[REC] (2007)

[REC]² (2009)

[REC]³ Genesis (2012)

[REC]⁴ Apocalypse (2014)

I can see the last two (3 and 4) just fine, but I am not seeing the first two at all.  Here's the weird thing, TMM doesn't "see" them either and I tried to run them through Media Center Master to auto-rename and grab metadata and it doesn't recongnize the file name either.

Anyone else run into this issue on these titles?

Hi there, how exactly are all of your files named and organized? Did you run a library scan after adding it?

1971camaroguy

It's named like this:

Movie Folder > [REC] (2007) > [REC] (2007).mkv

Movie Folder > [REC]² (2009) > [REC]² (2009).mkv

Movie Folder > [REC]³ Genesis (2012 ) > [REC]³ Genesis (2012).mkv

Movie Folder > [REC]⁴ Apocalypse (2014) > [REC]⁴ Apocalypse (2014).mkv

I tried to stay with the naming scheme of TMDB and not IMDB, I noticed on IMDB sometimes movie years can be one off. 

Def ran a library scan, several times and even re-created the library. Honestly I don't think this is 100% an emby issue...it seems to be doing the same thing with TMM (not showing up) and Media Center Master when it tries to match and pull metadata for it. In MCM it doesn't recognize the filename at all and doesn't know what to do with it. 

The brackets [ ] around the filename could be causing the issue, but I tried it both ways [REC] (2007) and REC (2007)

GrimReaper
45 minutes ago, 1971camaroguy said:

it seems to be doing the same thing with TMM (not showing up)

Hm, can't manage for TMM not to see them, either named with brackets:

image.png.7adeba08d80f60680e6c69dd662d8091.png

image.thumb.png.4fd7de12d552ccfc1961e4be871b9b58.png

or without them:

image.png.d53d2d54ff97f90b18f00cd4f1a48c64.png

image.thumb.png.d46933d0c404914bc28528586744cebe.png

Though those brackets appear to be commented/ignored, so dumping them from folder name seems like a better way to do it.

Anyway, Search&Scrape needs to be done manually, auto has issues.

image.thumb.png.31988687b810ab73807e73e28309faae.png

Edited by GrimReaper

• Solution
Gilgamesh_48

I would suggest not using the brackets or the exponent for the sequels. Thai is I would name like this:

REC (2007).mkv
REC 2 (2009).MKV
and so on.

I have mine named like that and I do not see any problems at all.

Also, after the name change, you might want to perform what is commonly called the "Plex Dance" where you remove  the media from where Emby can see it. Rescan the library and let it finish. (That clears out the data from Emby's database.) Move the media back to where Emby can see it and then scan again.

That almost always fixes any problems I have. But, as a disclaimer, I do, sometimes, need to fix the match after the fact but most of the time just renaming and rescaning is all that is needed when I have a matching issue.

1971camaroguy

Thanks everyone, I figured out the issues (in emby at least). REC (2007) was being named as Total Recall (1990) on the dashboard and REC 2 was being called 2 in the dashboard.

I remapped them to the correct movie and all is good there.

GrimReaper thanks for the tip in TMM

• Thanks 1