Back to Emby stable ends up with error

Davey's
Go to solution Solved by Tandhruil,

Davey's

Hi

after trying Emby beta for a while I wanted to go back to Emby Stable but the Server app keeps closing what can I check?

Hi.  You cannot go backwards from beta to stable without completely re-building your database (or restoring from a previous stable backup).

Tandhruil
11 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You cannot go backwards from beta to stable without completely re-building your database (or restoring from a previous stable backup).

Even if I wait for the same stable release (14.8....) ?

Emby suggest me to upgrade my stable release to a beta release but I didn't check out it was note a stable one.

5 hours ago, Tandhruil said:

Even if I wait for the same stable release

Well, if you wait until the beta and stable are the same, then that will not be a problem.  Are you just looking for a way to get back on the stable track in the future?  If so, installing the stable release once it is released should do that for you.  But you can't go back to 4.7 from 4.8 without rebuilding or restoring from 4.7.

• Like 1

• Solution
Tandhruil
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Well, if you wait until the beta and stable are the same, then that will not be a problem.  Are you just looking for a way to get back on the stable track in the future?  If so, installing the stable release once it is released should do that for you.  But you can't go back to 4.7 from 4.8 without rebuilding or restoring from 4.7.

I'll wait for the 4.8 stable version, it's OK for me. Thx for the answer

• Like 1

Davey's
8 hours ago, Tandhruil said:

Even if I wait for the same stable release (14.8....) ?

Emby suggest me to upgrade my stable release to a beta release but I didn't check out it was note a stable one.

I'll do the same for now. i was wondering if my problems with subtitles being out of sync was because of the beta or not.

Thanks again Ebr