folder.jpg is being replaced with poster.jpg

Rainey

As stated in title, if i download a new cover with MBS metadata edit image it deletes the folder.jpg file and replaces it with a poster.jpg file.

I have been using folder.jpg for years and many other program also use it, even MBS uses it when it is there.

Is there any way to make MBS not change the file to poster and use the folder.jpg name instead.

Edited by Rainey

I have the XBMC.nfo box checked. I just add my movies to the library and wanted it to read the .xml files first but also save the nfo files. Once i get all movies add i may switch back to .xml saver.

I just added about 2000 movies of two types, but they all show up under movies even though i added two location names, only in folders are they seperated. So i now need to figuire out how to tags them in groups or i will just have to use folder view all the time. As i got another group of about 900 to add still.

Edited by Rainey

swhitmore

I have the XBMC.nfo box checked

That'll do it. Use the MediaBrowser format unless you're using XBMC.

the metadata file formats have nothing to do with the image file names. the file names we are using are designed to be the most compatible with the largest number of apps.

if you really prefer folder over poster the only way to solve that will be through additional configuration

Thanks Luke

It is not a big problem, i can always make a bat file that copies the poster.jpg to folder.jpg to have both. Change them all in seconds.

I have also a .jpg file with the same names as the movie file for backup as i have had problems in the past with program deleting, hiding, resizing the folder.jpg file so i learned my lesson long ago.