How to stop syncing watched status from emby?

rahaaatul

rahaaatul

I have set up emby for kodi with a guest account I was given. Multiple people watch from that account and all their watch status has synced with my trakt account. My trakt account is messed up now. How do I stop this from happening again?

quickmic

I assume you don't use Kodi's trakt plugin, it's synced via Emby server's Trakt plugin right?

If so, I assume there is no way preventing that until you start using different Emby server user accounts.

Edited by quickmic

rahaaatul
51 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I assume you don't use Kodi's trakt plugin?

I used Kodi's Trakt Plugin and connected my account, that's when it happened.

53 minutes ago, quickmic said:

It's synced via Emby server's Trakt plugin right?

No. I don't have any access but the media files, so I couldn't connect my Trakt account there.

55 minutes ago, quickmic said:

If so, I assume there is no way preventing that until you start using different Emby server user accounts.

They won't give another account. 

Can't I sync the media files only without getting the watched status with it?

Please help, thank you.

quickmic
On 7/3/2023 at 7:48 AM, rahaaatul said:

Can't I sync the media files only without getting the watched status with it?

Currently not.

rahaaatul
On 7/6/2023 at 10:11 AM, quickmic said:

Currently not.

Can we expect the feature to leave watch status while syncing in the future?

rahaaatul

@ebrplease give a confirmation on this! You've got to acknowledge the issue I'm dealing with. I can't even delete the watch status from Kodi in bulk, I have to do it one by one, and it'll takne forever. And there's no guarantee if it will stay the same or not. Maybe it'll resynchronize the watch status again.

We await your confirmation, please say yes!

What do you mean by guest account that you were given? Is it your Emby server or someone else’s?

rahaaatul

2 hours ago, Luke said:

What do you mean by guest account that you were given? Is it your Emby server or someone else’s?

Someone else's, he gave us the server address, there's one password less user account, we use that to access the server.

LittleWizard

Actual embyforkody 8 is perfect on nvidia shield pro latest rev and kody 20.1 with default skin and server on SYNOLOGY NAS

OK this could not be done as an Emby for Kodi option. It would have to be something more like an option in the Trakt plugin to ignore certain devices.

Reason being, we can't have an option in Emby for Kodi to not report playback to the server because other functions depend on that besides just watch state tracking. That means having such an option would cause problems in other areas.