Play on dlna device from Android sideload app (tv)

mrmorrison

mrmorrison

Hi everyone. Forgive me if this has already been asked but I searched and couldn't find it.

I would like to know if it was possible to implement playback on dlna devices on the network, via the Android sideload app. I saw that on the iPhone app it is there (with the cast icon). Couldn't the same thing be done with the Android app?

It would be really useful for example for me who use my Sony x800m2 a lot. The Sony menu is very spartan and using the emby app on the android tv to browse my content and then play it on the physical player would be the best.

Hi, our standard android app also has this in the exact same place, just not when TV display mode is enabled.

mrmorrison
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, our standard android app also has this in the exact same place, just not when TV display mode is enabled.

Hi, thanks for the reply. It was just what I was asking. Is it possible to enable this function even if you are using the app in TV mode?

Not currently,, but this question has come up before, and more options are certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1