Starlink Preventing Remote Connections

houndandfox

houndandfox

So, I recently swapped from NBN to Starlink (rural Australia, old house, much better speeds on the latter). However, I've realized it's preventing anyone from being able to access my server. I'm aware that the CGNAT is the problem, as is the IPv4 (as the non-nat IPv6 has not yet rolled out in Australia). Most of my friends and family are overseas, and watching movies together is our biggest way of staying in touch/connected, and I'm the one with all the movies. So, is there a fix for this, or should I just wash my hands of Starlink altogether and return to my dismal NBN speeds? I basically only use my internet for work and for movie watching, so I really need to make this work to even justify having Starlink.

I will also note I had no issue with remote connections on NBN other than the speeds, so it definitely is a Starlink issue. I've heard people mention things like Tailscale and Ngrok, but I honestly haven't yet made heads or tails of them from the guides I've found online. I installed Ngrok but honestly didn't know what to do with it, and the guides being aimed at Windows and Plex users didn't help. I'm sure I can wrap my head around it if I know what to pick and where to click, but at the moment, I feel like I'm just going in circles. So, any advice/guidance for a moderately tech-savvy Mac user who wants to get movie nights going again without too much hassle for all the parties involved? 

Thanks!