when browsing the guide, emby goes home

sdennis91

sdennis91

I am not sure whats going on here. When I browse the guide on the emby androidtv app, it will exit out of the guide and go back to the home screen of emby. Each time it will do a refresh. I go back in to the guide and browse a few more channels down and the same thing happens. Anyone have any ideas whats going on. I tried the normal android app on my google tv unit and all works fine. Its just the androidtv app that does this. This seem to manifest when the server updated to the latest beta.  If the normal android app would allow use of the remote, that would be great. Im not sure why androidtv needs a separate app anyways. Other android apps such as VLC and other media players will use one app, with an option to use androidtv interface or android interface.  

3 hours ago, sdennis91 said:

If the normal android app would allow use of the remote, that would be great

Hi.  It does.  Exactly what problem did you have with the remote?

sdennis91

In the normal android app the number buttons don't work. And page up and down or channel up and down don't work. I would like to see the normal android app be able to use the page up and down buttons to change channels and the number keys to work. If this could be done, I could use it instead of having to deal with androidtv version not working right when  going through the guide. 

41 minutes ago, sdennis91 said:

In the normal android app the number buttons don't work. And page up and down or channel up and down don't work. I would like to see the normal android app be able to use the page up and down buttons to change channels and the number keys to work. If this could be done, I could use it instead of having to deal with androidtv version not working right when  going through the guide. 

Hi, page up/down work just fine in the standard app. Why do you think it doesn't work? What exactly are you trying to do?

sdennis91

Ive tried it and its not working in the standard app. Page up and page down don't work in the androidtv app either. I need to remap page up/down to channel up/down with a button remapper app. Oddly I got the android tv app working without the guide crashing and going home. I moved the cache to a hdd instead of a ssd. Why this made a difference I am not sure. 

Edited by sdennis91
Forgot a line of text

Ive tried it and its not working in the standard app

What exactly did you try?

sdennis91

I tried to type in a channel number with the number pad, didn't work. I also tried to change channels with page up/down which is all remotes have, yet you use channel up/down, so i used a button mapper to map page up/down to channel up/down. That works in the androidtv app but not the andriod app. Do i need to buy a 200 dollar remote to get said functions to work in a normal android app. Why make 2 android apps anyways. You can just delete andriodtv app merge its code to the android app and use a chevron or check or a toggle to turn on or off the androidtv interface in the andriod app. This will make it less confusing for everyone then to host multiple apps. VLC was smart about it and did one app, with a option to use androidtv interface. 

sdennis91

Ok thanks. I can't wait til I see page up/down to work as a channel up/down since all remotes for android have page up/down only.  I also looked at computer remotes on amazon and all of them are page up/down for channel changes. So I tried page up/down on my pc in the web ui and emby theater. Neither worked there either. A 200 dollar logitech remote that would work, should include emby lifetime for free, if thats  what we need. As i said about the emby android tv app going home, where I moved the data files from sdd to hdd and it solved the problem. This had worked as a coincidence, at the time i did that, tvquickactions had disabled. So I think this app is conflicting with emby and how it remaps buttons. Would not need it if you guys would look at the market and notice page up/down is the channel up/down. Which would allow page up/down on the keyboard work too, this also would page through the guide in my test so no loss of functions with the page buttons/keys. You can still keep channel up/down in the code for people who have a remote with these buttons. If you go on and look for a xbox 360, that remote has pg/ch up/down in one key respectfully. This is the same functions emby would have with the page buttons set as a channel button in the code. No loss of features while gaining features. If you would like, you could send me a copy of the androidtv and android app with the code change, and i will test it, before submitting it live on the google store as i use emby daily. 

• Like 1