2.2.9. Continue watching, Home Screen and search images bugs

mgworek

mgworek

Continue watching is showing everything that Next Up (Legacy) is showing instead of just an unfinished videos. I reported it under Apple TV beta as well. Web app is working correctly.

if you edit images and go to search for an image, the pop up comes up but it doesn’t actually show any results. 

If I go into App Settings and then Home Screen, all selections show My Media, which isn’t the case and Library Order doesn’t show anything.

IMG_9061.jpeg

IMG_9060.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg

mgworek
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what device and version of iOS is this?

Good question and I should have included that because I am using beta iOS. Sorry about that.

Device: 11 Pro Max. iOS: 17 beta 2
Emby: 4.8.0.39

Edited by mgworek

mgworek
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK, haven't tested on iOS 17 yet. Maybe that's the issue.

My wifes phone is still on ios 16. I will test on hers when I get the chance and see what happens. The 2nd two, it never hit me that the fact I was on the next os beta could be the cause. The next up/continue, my apple tv is on the current os and since both phone and apple tv are seeing the same problem, seems like something else but I will report back!

Edited by mgworek

mgworek
1 hour ago, Luke said:

OK, haven't tested on iOS 17 yet. Maybe that's the issue.

Ok just tested on my wife’s phone. The image search and the Home Screen settings problems are only on iOS 17 beta. Sorry for not thinking about that. There are a few other settings areas that look really weird on 17 and was like what happened. Makes total sense now. 

like I mentioned in last reply, next up/continue problem is still there though. 

Edited by mgworek

• 2 weeks later...
gtpvkr

@LukeCan we expect any quick fix for this? it’s very difficult to connect remote machine to do changes every time.

As I mentioned earlier unfortunately none of the browsers also working in IOS 17 beta

• 3 weeks later...
Packer81

Wots going on with iOS app and on web on mobile it’s so rubbish layout on latest version on iOS store can’t do homepage move menus it’s so rubbish help 

IMG_0027.png

pwhodges

The posts above indicate that this is a problem specifically with iOS 17 beta - is that what you are running?

If so, welcome to joys of beta software!

Paul

Packer81

Yeah definitely beta iOS 17 I on public  beta 17 needs to be looked at the all as iOS 17 is very popular me thinks and people my not be happy 

mgworek

Just an update on this. Not sure if this has been reported as well but the image search being broken is also broken in Safari for Mac OS Sonoma as well in the web app. My laptop updated  last night from Ventura and I can't search for images. I tried Edge and it works so but broke in Safari. My server (4.8.0.39 ) is running on Linux just for a FYI so you know it's not running on my mac.

Edited by mgworek

We've got this iOS 17 specific issues resolved and are working on putting an app update together. Thanks guys.

For now you can use the hosted web app to change the settings, which has the fix: http://app.emby.media

Then restart the iOS app after doing that. 

We are working on putting both an app update and server release with the fix together. Thanks guys.