How long should it take to scan Music library?

pir8radio
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

pir8radio

Fresh install, MB3 is scanning my music library for the first time.  Movies scanned pretty quick, probably because they had all of the MB3 files in each folder already.      But my music is taking a long time.. Its been stuck on 22.1% for half a day or so now.  Its still doing "stuff" according to my drives and memory usage.  So I don't know if anything is really wrong, but I'm curious how long music should take to scan?

4- 1Tb drives in a RAID 5 config, dual Xeon E5-2470 processors, 48 gigs of ram,   142,521 MP3's   I think I have 5 or so corrupt mp3's in there but haven't had time to go find them.   12,528 Music Videos, and only 318 uncompressed DVD rips.    

Thanks for any input.

pir8radio

Can you post your log? Please see in my signature for a How-To

My log file is 125MB how do I get it to you?  Sent you a PM with links to the log files.

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Neither one?  I just tried, the first link is the 125 MB one takes a bit to download, the second link is a smaller log file, still contains errors but i think what your looking for will be in the larger file.   try the second link.  Right click and "SAVE LINK AS" becuase my browser didnt like opening a 125 meg text file lol.  I just tried to save it to my desktop and open with NOTEPAD froze my laptop up, but it opened right up with WORDPAD.    I do not have a drop box, i have my own own web server so i usually do it that way.  Let me know if i need to figure out a different way to get you this.

On a side note, while digging through my log files, i noticed MB3 grabs my outside IP and tries to send it to connect.mediabrowser.tv   what do you guys do with a master list of every MB3 server out there?

2014-10-26 11:06:49.4121 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://bot.whatismyipaddress.com/
2014-10-26 11:06:50.0517 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://connect.mediabrowser.tv/service/Servers?id=

• Solution

There's an issue in the current server that can cause the scan to hang up when scanning a music library. it is resolved for the next release. workaround until then is just to restart the server if/when it happens.

• Like 1

pir8radio

ok, Thanks!

EDIT:

YAY IT DID FINISH!

544ed3de294f2_Capture.png

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Well i stopped the scan that was stuck, restarted server, started scan again, after about 6 hours im up to 25.9% and it has been increasing about 0.1% every 10 mins or so..   So its doing something again...     Is it possible that something freaked out with 140,000 songs?  Too many requests to musicbrainz or whatever site you guys use to do the lookups?    Let me know if you find anything in the ol' logs.    THanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
steve1977

I am thinking to add my music collection to MB3 as well, which is fully tagged by Picard/MBZ. I also have a fairly sizeable library though nothing close to the opening poster. Can someone confirm how long the music library scan is taking and whether issue has now been fixed? There are still a few threats on this topic. Thanks!