DSM 7.2 Update Killed Web Access

NoWorries1968

NoWorries1968

Just updated to DSM 7.2 and the latest beta version of Emby.

I'm now unable to access the web interface via a browser, and I get the message "Forbidden".

I'm unable to access Emby logs or the console to make changes...

All other endpoints appear to work fine...

On the prior version I was using explicit network controls to ensure only devices inside my network could access Emby, and I understand this was a problem for many on previous upgrades. @Carlo

If that's still the problem, I am unaware of how to fix it now that I've lost access to the Emby console.

Any help appreciated.

kurtgschumacher

I just updated Emby to 4.7.12, then I updated Synology to 7.2. When I logged back in to DSM I got an alert that the version of Emby that I was running was incompatible with DSM 7.2, and it gave me the option to "repair" Emby. I did that and it reinstalled 4.7.11. I don't know if DSM is that smart when you manually install a beta version, but maybe that's your problem.

NoWorries1968
1 hour ago, kurtgschumacher said:

I just updated Emby to 4.7.12, then I updated Synology to 7.2. When I logged back in to DSM I got an alert that the version of Emby that I was running was incompatible with DSM 7.2, and it gave me the option to "repair" Emby. I did that and it reinstalled 4.7.11. I don't know if DSM is that smart when you manually install a beta version, but maybe that's your problem.

I appreciate it, but it was a manual install and I'm running the 4.8.0.39 beta.

kurtgschumacher
5 hours ago, NoWorries1968 said:

I appreciate it, but it was a manual install and I'm running the 4.8.0.39 beta.

What I said was, "I don't know if DSM is that smart when you manually install a beta version..." The point I was trying to make is that maybe DSM can't detect the incompatibility on a manual install.

NoWorries1968
25 minutes ago, kurtgschumacher said:

What I said was, "I don't know if DSM is that smart when you manually install a beta version..." The point I was trying to make is that maybe DSM can't detect the incompatibility on a manual install.

Ok I get it now. 
apologies. 
just unsure how to resolve the issue. 
Emby is running fine for all other devices. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
NoWorries1968
6 hours ago, Carlo said:

All resolved now or still any issues? 

Issue still persists, unfortunately. 

kurtgschumacher
9 hours ago, Carlo said:

All resolved now or still any issues? 

Since there haven't been any updates to either DSM or Emby, nothing could be resolved. DSM told me that Emby 4.7.12 is incompatible with DSM 7.2. DSM 7.2 doesn't give me an option to update Emby past 4.7.11.

Has anyone at Emby looked into this? Have you tried testing 4.7.12 with DSM 7.2?

Did you make sure to install the dsm 7.2 specific version of Emby server after updating dsm?

kurtgschumacher
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Did you make sure to install the dsm 7.2 specific version of Emby server after updating dsm?

Pretty sure I did. But I checked the Emby download page and saw that 7.13 was available. Just installed that with no problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NoWorries1968
3 hours ago, Luke said:

I did...

31 minutes ago, NoWorries1968 said:

I did...

What address is in the browser address bar?

NoWorries1968
27 minutes ago, Carlo said:

@NoWorries1968

Did the new installation fix your issue or is it still an issue?

Carlo

The new install did nothing, actually.

The problem was in the networking configuration, to restrict access to my local subnet only.

When I originally installed Emby, that restriction was useful from a security perspective.

I accidentally found a way, through the iPhone app, to remove that network config and restore access.

Something changed in this new version and removing the configuration for local network, solved my issue.

• Thanks 3