ASS font not working any more with latest update

iBoss
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

iBoss

Hi,

Please fix the issue with this. After the latest update, the ASS embedded fonts does not work anymore. Please see the attached screenshots.

iOS emby 2.2.9

Correct

perfect.png

Not correct:

not correct_emby_iOS.PNG

Edited by iBoss

iBoss

Hi @Luke

The font used is different from the embedded font in the ASS file, and this is affecting the style. This issue has occurred before on Android emby app. I have previously brought this to your attention, expecting it to be resolved in the future. However, it is now happening in the iOS app. I'm wondering why the player (mpv) has been changed. it was fully supported embedded fonts in ASS, so there doesn't seem to be a valid reason to switch from the powerful player like mpv.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Please if you want to use any different player add this feature ... because without it the ASS is useless. This is a very important and essential feature

in ASS format there is a section to embed the font. Please read here

[Fonts]
This section contains text-encoded font files, if the user opted to embed non-standard fonts in the script. Only truetype fonts can be embedded in SSA scripts. Each font file is started with a single line in the format:

The font is encoded using UUEncode https://github.com/Youka/UUEncode-simple.

Please if you need more help I can do my best to support you.

Many thanks

iBoss

@Luke

I wanted to reach out and express my heartfelt thanks for your support. The recent update today has resolved the issue I was facing, and now everything is running as expected. 👍

Your dedication and expertise are truly appreciated.

Best regards

• Solution

That’s bizarre because there weren’t any changes to this. But I’m glad you’re seeing improvement.