emby forced transcoding

Assaad

Assaad

When playing 1080p mkv 10 bit H.265 files my emby server streams it without transcoding (direct play) to my 4k android sony tv

if the subtitles are .srt or subrip its fine but with dvdsub the file is transcoded, the tv is more than capable of playing the files with any type of subtitles without transcoding, vlc and kodi does it easily 

any idea if i need to enable anything to get rid of the forced encoding?

any idea if i need to enable anything to get rid of the forced encoding?

HI, most likely the answer is turn off the subtitles or use a plain text subtitle format.

But what Emby app are you playing with on the TV? What TV?

Assaad

Hi, the emby server is installed on a synology DS920+ nas, the emby client is installed on a sony 4k android tv, with non English movies i have to turn on subtitles unfortunately and sometimes i cant find subtitles for the movie so im stuck with the embedded ones  

31 minutes ago, Assaad said:

Hi, the emby server is installed on a synology DS920+ nas, the emby client is installed on a sony 4k android tv, with non English movies i have to turn on subtitles unfortunately and sometimes i cant find subtitles for the movie so im stuck with the embedded ones  

OK, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!