can't remote connect suddenly

ggrallo

ggrallo

I am running latest emby release on a qnap server. I am suddenly unable to connect to emby remotely. I use emby connect and haven't had any issues before or changed any settings.

ggrallo

I'm sorry. Please mark this post as solved. I did everything except reboot my router which solved the issue. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Ferkner
On 6/28/2023 at 9:45 PM, ggrallo said:

I am running latest emby release on a qnap server. I am suddenly unable to connect to emby remotely. I use emby connect and haven't had any issues before or changed any settings.

I am running emby server on a QNAP as well and am having trouble setting up the remote connection feature. Can you tell me how you did it? I can't seem to find the information I need online. I thought it was because I did not have myqnapcloud setup, but even after setting it up it's not working. I am not sure what is stopping the connection from happening.

ggrallo

I'm not sure on your setup, but I created an Emby Connect account. When I open the app it shows a LAN address and a WAN address, too. It should work with your myqnapcloud address and the correct port (default for http is 8096) so it would be yournas.myqnapcloud.com:8096. I hope that helps (that's the extent of my troubleshooting!)

Ferkner
12 hours ago, ggrallo said:

I'm not sure on your setup, but I created an Emby Connect account. When I open the app it shows a LAN address and a WAN address, too. It should work with your myqnapcloud address and the correct port (default for http is 8096) so it would be yournas.myqnapcloud.com:8096. I hope that helps (that's the extent of my troubleshooting!)

I have an Emby Connect account as well. When I open the app I see the LAN address and then the Add Server button along with the Emby Connect sign in and Downloads. Signing in with Emby Connect just brings me back to the same screen. When I try to add a server I keep getting a Connection Failure message whether I sue my public facing IP of the myqnapcloud URL. I am guessing it's a QNAP problem, specifically myqnapcloud. I have found it never works quite right. my url.myqnapcloud.com address never resolves properly. If I don't use the qlink.to/server link the page never loads in a browser.

I am not sure if it's the access control in myqnapcloud that is causing things to not work because the app itself isn't a user.