Emby server license cache possible?

currentsitguy

currentsitguy

Hi, 

I am wondering if there is some way the Emby Server license could be cached in the event of an internet outage?

Here's why I ask. The Live TV feature is only available to licensed servers, and it checks every time you use that feature. I have a Hauppauge USB TV tuner that I use to distribute local TV to my network devices. Generally it works great. When severe weather comes, however, there is the potential for the cable internet to get knocked out. This leaves me in a situation when I would most need a local TV signal to monitor severe thunderstorms or tornadoes it is unavailable due to it being unable to verify my server license.

I have a generator to take care of any power outages, but once the cable is down I'm pretty much stuck. I don't get a particularly good cell signal where I live, so that's not the best fallback plan.

I'm just wondering if perhaps the license credentials could be locally cached for perhaps 24 or 48 hours, long enough to get through a severe weather situation?

roaku

The license validity is cached already (I believe for 24 hours).

The difficulty is that it's 24 hours from the last time it checked, not the moment before internet went out.

currentsitguy

I guess then perhaps there is some way to verify once a day whether features that require a license are utilized that day or not?