Download stuck at ready to transfer

MBSki

MBSki

I can't download certain movies in mkv format. The file gets converted, but it never downloads. It just stays at ready to transfer. @LukeCan you fix this issue? I've tried on 2 different devices with .12 and neither works.

nmkaufman

What is your download location (internal, external, external SD Card?)

I have this problem, intermittently, when I use either of the external options. I've never found a fix.

There are several threads with the same problem, but none that have concrete resolutions. IOS, too.

Some people proposed turning off 'download only on wifi' or removing/reinstalling the app. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

MBSki

@nmkaufmanThanks, I'll start following the other threads. I tried changing storage location and turning off wifi only download but that didn't work.

nmkaufman

I've had luck in the past force-closing the app, clearing the cache (not app data, that totally resets the app) and then re-opening it.

I suspect a crash during a download causes the app/server to become asyncronous, or it leaves partial downloads somewhere that don't get cleaned up.

The app seems to be a bit unstable while it's downloading files (especially when telling it to download 1 file, while it's still downloading the previous.)

In some cases that I have files stuck in 'queued' or 'waiting to transfer', there will be a 0kb file with the song/movie name, in the downloads folder.

Deleting these doesn't fix anything, but it still might be a clue about what's going on.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
xaviergxf

This is still happening. Can you please fix this? Thanks