Problem with supporter key

georgewill76

georgewill76

Hi

I have been using my original supporter key for a while when I originally signed up for when MB3 came out.  I purchased the Neo plugin and Coverart which is attached to my original key.  I have since changed my email address which was linked to my paypal account and have just purchased the cmbundle2 pack and have been issued a new and different supporter key.  Knowing this I went to my MB3 dashboard and followed instructions to multiple key linking using my new email address which I purchased the cmbundle2 with, my old supporter key and new supporter key.  I pressed save and was given a message to state that keys have been linked.  I have restarted MB3 Server as well as restarted my physical server but it still shows each theme associated with cmbundle2 as being in trial stage/expired which means I can't use any of the 4 themes I purchased. 

I was wondering if someone could help me with above.  is there someone I could msg with my old key and new link and have them link them together?

When you say "shows them as expired" what do you really mean?  Do you just mean the catalog display shows them expired?  Do they actually work?

There is an issue right now where the catalog display is not smart enough to see the linked registrations so it reports them as expired.  However, the real validation logic works fine and the items should actually function normally.

georgewill76

Hi Ebr

Thanks for getting back to me.  On MB3 Server for each plugin theme they show each of the 4 themes as being "The trial period for this feature has expired".  When I install each of the 4 themes from the bundle on Media Browser Classic on my HTPC each plugin/theme shows us being expired and is requiring me the register/buy them even though I bought the bundle. 

I have installed the following on my HTPC:

CMBundle2 - Server and Classic show I only have 14 days remaining before trial is over

ROC Theme - Server and Classic show trial has expired.  In Classic I cant access any of my libraries

Aztec Theme - Server and Classic show trial has expired.  In Classic I cant access any of my libraries

Breeze Theme - Server and Classic show trial has expired.  In Classic I cant access any of my libraries

Crystal Theme - Server and Classic show trial has expired.  In Classic I cant access any of my libraries

Edited by georgewill76

georgewill76

hi Ebr

I have been doing some testing with the supporter keys that I have.  I replaced my existing key with the new one I received when I ordered the cmbundle2 and the themes are working but my Neo theme isn't working and neither is my Coverart plugin.  It seems that when I try to merge my two supporter keys together it is not working.  Is there another way of merging my supporter keys so that the cmbundle2, Neo them and coverart plugin are all linked to the same supporter key?

The theme itself is blocking you from using it?

As I said before, the catalog will report they are expired, but the theme (if it is checking registrations properly) should validate properly and be usable.  You are saying this is not the case?

georgewill76

Hi Ebr

Done some more testing.  I changed the existing supporter key in my setup to the new key I received when I ordered  the cmbundle2.  The themes are now all showing as registered.  Coverart 4 is showing as expired now but seems to be working as I went into configuration and normally if it wasn't registered it would let me know when I am making changes but it seems to be working even thought it shows as expired.  Looks like everything is working now.  Thanks for your help and explaining how it works.

Yeah, it should just be the catalog that is erroneously reporting expired status.  All the components should be functioning properly.

The CoverArt config page will tell you the registration status in the top right corner and, as you said, if it is expired, it warns you with a dialog.

BTW - this catalog reporting error with old linked keys should be resolved now.

In the future, you will not "link" keys.  Instead, the operation will be to transfer all the registrations from the old key to the new one and then start using the new one.

From your standpoint, the process will be the same (enter old key and new key and hit a button) but the back end will be more efficient about it and we won't have this problem with the catalog not being able to tell if something is registered.

The only functional change will be that the old key will no longer have any use so you need to be sure you update to the new one.