Question about installing Emby Server on the NVIDIA Shield

Kandidat1999

Kandidat1999

Hi guys,

I have a question, a buddy of mine, who will come over on Tuesday from Hamburg, will bring his NVIDIA Shield with him and I have to install Emby Server on that machine, he will only use USB Storage for sources, I mean the installation process is pretty clear to me, my question is, when I set this up at my place with my IP address, will this later work flawlessly when he plugs it in at home, or does he have to do any changes network wise to make it work in his environment? 

Because that would be a problem, if there is anything else to do, because he is not very good with Computers, that's why I do it for him in the first place…lol

rbjtech
5 hours ago, Kandidat1999 said:

Hi guys,

I have a question, a buddy of mine, who will come over on Tuesday from Hamburg, will bring his NVIDIA Shield with him and I have to install Emby Server on that machine, he will only use USB Storage for sources, I mean the installation process is pretty clear to me, my question is, when I set this up at my place with my IP address, will this later work flawlessly when he plugs it in at home, or does he have to do any changes network wise to make it work in his environment? 

Because that would be a problem, if there is anything else to do, because he is not very good with Computers, that's why I do it for him in the first place…lol

If using locally (ie no remote access) then no - all that needs to change will be the IP address used to connect to the shield - as this will be different from yours.   It will be the Ip address of the Shield itself once he plugs it into his network - so just use that.  Port etc (8096) will remain the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Kandidat1999

Hello, so the trip got delayed and I´m doing this right now, installing everything was no problem, but why are all the covers black and white only and cover art also is not showing up, I don't see the 4K or Blue Covers around the movie pictures.

Edit:

Ok, cover art is working now, but the Covers are still black and white only, although when I change the picture there are only colored options to change, very strange, the plot and stuff is also in English, although everything in the library is set to German.

Edited by Kandidat1999

Kandidat1999
2 hours ago, Kandidat1999 said:

Hello, so the trip got delayed and I´m doing this right now, installing everything was no problem, but why are all the covers black and white only and cover art also is not showing up, I don't see the 4K or Blue Covers around the movie pictures.

Going from Emby Server Beta to the latest stable solved the Black and White issue, still some movies have the plot in english, although on my server the same movie has it in german.

2 hours ago, 030ernie said:

How much MB should I put into the Database Buffer, when the Shield has 12GB internal storage?

Hi, does the help text underneath the option help at all?

Kandidat1999

No not really, it says a bigger number should produce bigger performance, but no examples at all.

OK so the answer is you'd give it as much of your system memory as you're willing to allocate.

The value is more like an upper limit. It still allocates just a s much memory as needed.

Kandidat1999

One other thing, since he always has to plug off the hard disk to copy new stuff, Emby is not recognizing new media automatically when the hard disk gets back plugged in, always has to do a manual scan of the library that was updated, is there a way to fix this? Plex is recognizing everything automatically on the same system.