Emby Theater update today broke almost all navigation

Trunk
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Trunk

Hi,

There was an update that was applied today. The update that introduced white borders for items in the grid (why?).

This update pretty much broke the navigation for libraries and grid navigation since the whole app reload when navigating and resets everything.

So right now Emby Theater is pretty much unusable...

(Windows Desktop version. v3.0.20)

-T.

Edited by Trunk

arrbee99

I see a white border for when the item is selected for visibility, which is nicely done IMHO.

Might be worth just reloading. I tried this morning (on a PC) and it was very sluggish in responding to the arrows on the keyboard, tried again 5 minutes later and it was fine.

Trunk

Hi,

No luck. Same issue on multiple PCs here.

The main problem is navigating libraries horizontal (Series, Movies aso). This lead to the whole app reloading the screen and all tracking of navigation is lost.

-T.

arrbee99

Oh OK. Pity. Sorry it didn't help. Mentioned what I noticed and thought might be worth a go.

Hopefully someone will be along who knows what they're talking about.

Its always at weekends...

• Like 1

This update pretty much broke the navigation for libraries and grid navigation since the whole app reload when navigating and resets everything.

Hi, can you please describe what you mean here in more detail? Thanks.

ReadySalted

Yes, I'm not liking the white outline look for selected items, could you include an option to make it like before, please?

arrbee99

Absolutely no objection to options, but I find (as mentioned ) the border to be preferable in appearance and easier to spot, especially if the background is an image and not plain grey, black etc.

• Thanks 1

Trunk
On 6/25/2023 at 7:19 PM, Luke said:

Hi, can you please describe what you mean here in more detail? Thanks.

Hi Luke,

Finally back home and took a longer look at how the navigation works now.

The main issue is that when navigating horizontally in libraries (Series, Movies and so on on the top). Previously I could move left and right on the library selector and get a glance of the content in the library fast. But now when I move to a different library (I.e. from Series to Movies) the whole app reload and the big featured item is automatic selected (highlighted with white border) and breaks the libraries navigation. To get back to navigating libraries I need to press "up" and "right" a couple of times.

I hope that explanation is understandable. :) 

-T.

4 minutes ago, Trunk said:

Hi Luke,

The main issue is that when navigating horizontally in libraries (Series, Movies and so on on the top). Previously I could move left and right on the library selector and get a glance of the content in the library fast. But now when I move to a different library (I.e. from Series to Movies) the whole app reload and the big featured item is automatic selected (highlighted with white border) and breaks the libraries navigation. To get back to navigating libraries I need to press "up" and "right" a couple of times.

-T.

OK I see what you mean. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Trunk said:

Just noticed the screen saver have got some margin / padding that should not be there. 

-T

Hi, what do you mean exactly?

18 hours ago, Trunk said:

Hi Luke,

-T.

@luke sorry didn't realise there was already a thread. this is what i'm getting. several reboots later too. i'm not sure why there is a desire to "fix" what already works. maybe a side branch windows app for new UI's or something would be a better shout. just my opinion..

• Solution
41 minutes ago, Lee said:

@luke sorry didn't realise there was already a thread. this is what i'm getting. several reboots later too. i'm not sure why there is a desire to "fix" what already works. maybe a side branch windows app for new UI's or something would be a better shout. just my opinion..

The top is resolved now. Try restarting the app.

Lee

can the menu below be implemented into the sidebar that now appears?

it's a real faff with navigation now to exit the app. you have to navigate to the user icon, used to be an exit press.

image.png