Edit Metadata in Bulk

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

Misinthe

Hello everyone, I decided to go ahead and redo the file structure of my media, I am going in and deleting all the old metadata and images and everything except the actual media file. But when I do the “Scan Library” again, the movies show up without their Metadata, I guess the server thinks it already downloaded it once. Is there a way to fix this in bulk instead of having to go one by one and “Identify” them? Thank you!

13 hours ago, Misinthe said:

the movies show up without their Metadata,

Hi.  Exactly what do you mean by this?

13 hours ago, Misinthe said:

I decided to go ahead and redo the file structure of my media

How?  This is probably the issue...

Movie Naming

TV Naming

Misinthe
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly what do you mean by this?

How?  This is probably the issue...

Movie Naming

TV Naming

Let me explain,

So I am actually fixing all my media to comfort to the Naming convention by using FileBot, so when I do mass edit, it reads the .nfo from the folders and some of them are wrong, so I have deleted all the files in the folders except the mp4 or mkv, so since this is my actual files, Emby had already downloaded all the metadata and images and everything. Now that I deleted the other files and did a library scan, the movies showed up without without images and such, so instead of having to go one by one and do the “Identify”, I was wondering if there’s a way to do like a complete “Identify” of libraries so it redownloads the images and data. 

It seems it did it automatically overnight, but is there a way to manually do it?

Thank you!

• Solution
rbjtech

Yes - Just run the scheduled task to re-scan the libraries.

Or you can do it individually per library if you wish using the '...' on the linrary image and then Scan Library.

image.png.7e458c2a983a6c62b46dae30dfebdde7.png

Misinthe
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Yes - Just run the scheduled task to re-scan the libraries.

Or you can do it individually per library if you wish using the '...' on the linrary image and then Scan Library.

image.png.7e458c2a983a6c62b46dae30dfebdde7.png

Awesome, thank you!