No HDR on "HDR DV" video but VLC, JustPlayer, Jellyfin output HDR.

halo00
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

halo00

I have Emby lifetime premiere but been using Jellyfin. I read Emby added skip intro and skip credits (incorrect info on the skip credits), which Jellyfin does not have, and reinstalled Emby to check it out. After setup (took a few days, I have a large library), I have observed the following after the last week of using Emby again:

1) Remux/UHD HDR files and webdl HDR files playback HDR fine.

2) HDR DV remux files (hybrid or non-hybrid) playback HDR fine.

3) HDR DV webdl do not playback in HDR. However, these files output HDR, as expected, on VLC, JustPlayer and Jellyfin.

I have tried on a Shield TV OG (500GB model) and outputting to a Epson 5050UB projector and a Shield (tube one) outputting to a LG C9. These are all TV files, I have not added movies to Emby at this time as I was interested in the intro skipping feature.

Is there a system to upload a couple sample files you can look at? These are large files (5GB+) and source may be an issue depending on where your upload server is located. Skip intro is a small feature, but it makes my girlfriend happy and I would like to get it to work.

Also is 2.0.83 the newest version of Emby for Android TV? Has there really been no update since 2022? Is there a beta I can try that might address this problem?

Thanks!

Edited by halo00
Forgot I replaced the Mibox with a Shield.

• Solution
3 hours ago, halo00 said:

Is there a beta I can try that might address this problem?

Hi.  The beta is available here:

• Like 1

halo00
On 6/23/2023 at 9:37 PM, ebr said:

If the beta does not solve your issue, please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

The Beta seems to work, I will give it a few days to confirm, thank you! Any idea when you will push this beta out to stable? 8 months is a long time between stable releases.

Edited by halo00
Beta release?

On 6/26/2023 at 11:33 PM, halo00 said:

The Beta seems to work, I will give it a few days to confirm, thank you! Any idea when you will push this beta out to stable? 8 months is a long time between stable releases.

Hi, we're working hard on it, so hopefully soon.