how to reset TV series start point?

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by CBers,

justinrh

I have all the shows and seasons of a TV series recorded.  If I browse to the series to watch it, it is starting at S2.  If I want to watch the unwatched episodes of S1, I have to browse to S1 and find the last unplayed episode.

Hi.  If you mean which episode is chosen as "Next Up" then this will be the first unwatched episode after the last one you watched. 

justinrh

Yes, Next Up.  But as I said, it is not the next unwatched.  Depends on the reference point, since some are watched in S1 and some in S2, right?  It is picking up the wrong "first unwatched episode after the last one you watched", since the last one I watched was in S1.

14 hours ago, justinrh said:

since the last one I watched was in S1

Was it before an unwatched one?

If you go to an episode before the first unwatched one and mark it unwatched and then watched again, what shows up as the next up episode now?

15 hours ago, justinrh said:

S2 remains 'next up'.

S2 isn't an episode.  Can we please look at the details of a specific example?  Screenshots would be great.

justinrh

By S2 I am saying it is playing the next unwatched S2 episode.  I struggle to understand why this is difficult to understand.

What screenshots would be helpful to you?  There is no specific example.  Next Up is in S2.  But I want Next Up to be in S1.  There are multiple seasons that have unwatched episodes.

Think of it this way, ebr.  How can I set Next Up to start at any unwatched episode?  What if I want it to now start at S4:E2, how could I do that?

Edited by justinrh

• Solution
CBers
17 hours ago, justinrh said:

What if I want it to now start at S4:E2, how could I do that?

Mark all previous episodes, upto and including S4:E1, as WATCHED (PLAYED).

S4:E2 would then be the next unwatched episode.

You may want to go through all of your episodes for this TV show and check that none of them have been inadvertently marked as WATCHED.

• Thanks 1

justinrh

Thanks, CBers.  None were inadvertently marked watched.  I think what happened was we started recording the show at S2 and watched a few of them, but now that all of the seasons are recorded we wanted to start from the beginning.

It sounds like the only thing I can do is what you said, along with marking all watched episodes as unwatched after the one we want to start with now.  But since we've watched a good bit after where we are, I don't like that option either.  Well, maybe just manually picking the next one is the best option.

Edited by justinrh

13 hours ago, justinrh said:

we started recording the show at S2 and watched a few of them

Hi.  Like I said originally, next up will be the first unwatched episode after the last one you watched.  So, if you last watched something from S2 then the next unwatched episode in S2 will be next up.

If you want S1:E4 to be next up, watch S1:E3 for a few seconds and then see what shows up.

justinrh
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Like I said originally, next up will be the first unwatched episode after the last one you watched. 

Hi, ebr.  Like I said, that is not the way it is working.  So you need to log a bug on your project board.  😁

nrausch

@justinrh

I know exactly what you are saying as I have experienced the exact same issue. I'm not sure why support isn't understanding.

The way I rectified this was by going to the entire show and marking the whole TV series as "played" and then un-checking it again.  Then go to the episode where you want to start watching and go ahead and play it.  It will then pick up at that spot for the next time.

• Like 1