cochize1

As in topic, how to change dashboard sections order to:

1. Now playing

2. Alarms

3. Activity

4. Server info

• 5 months later...
rdhardi

I was searching for the same question and came across your post. Never found an answer so with my basic html/css skills, I took the time to figure it out.

Is this the correct/preferred way of doing it? Not sure, but it works for me! I wanted "Active Recordings" to be next to (or directly under "Now Playing" depending on zoom level) with "Activity" at the bottom of the screen. Here's how I did it:

Emby server on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04, Emby version 4.8.0.59 beta)

Used Firefox Web Dev Tools to check html/css files. Dashboard sections & their order are defined in the dashboard.html file in /opt/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/dashboard.

Shut down Emby and browsed to the folder (as Su). Made 2 copies of dashboard.html (named one dashboard.html.test and the other dashboard.html.4.8.0.59). Modified dashboard.html.test by moving the "Active Recording' class above the "Activity" class.

dashboardhtml.thumb.png.be3f3491007ba4a75623a73feae2bfbb.png

Deleted original dashboard.html and renamed the test copy to dashboard.html. Restarted Emby and Dashboard sections are in the order I want! This image is at 30% on 1920 x 1080 display so I could get the entire screenshot.

customizeddashboard.png.e9fabdf4716608b43892ae1c67a42d17.png

• Thanks 1